Hello. I need some help with my guitar. Anyway whenever I set my guitar to a clean setting it sounds fine when playing lower register notes on strings such as low E and A strings. But when i play really high stuff, like notes after the 12th fret on the B and high e strings the notes sound very quiet without changing the volume and the guitar or amp ect.

An example would be playing the second solo on "One" when Kirk Hammett is on a clean setting and starts tapping.
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Could be bad pickups?
The strings might be further away from the pickups on the higher strings?

Just guesses
What kind of guitar? For that you need some gain. Try adding a bit of overdrive/distortion and cranking the gain a bit.
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick
oh i forgot to say that on distortion it sounds normal when i play the same thing.

the guitar is in my sig lol and yes i will try cranking gain up a little bit
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
This doesn't have anything to do with the the post but i have to ask it... Why do you use a Gibson Sig. with a Spider?
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
i regret it now but....the guy at my guitar shop said i should get it lol. I realize now taht my mom wanting to get me a Peavey was the right thing to do.
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
its a les paul, not an sg. and the line 6 shouldnt be doing that, as bad as they are, they have no problem with things like that, its just tone thats their problem. thats another battle though.

try using a diffrent pickup, raising your pickups, or getting new ones. its either a pickup problem, or an action problem. or try new strings.
Thanks UG for the quick replies btw!

On a second note: I've had the stock strings on for over a month do you think i should change them? Im kinda noob at guitar tech stuff. (ive got some extra ernie bal slinkies to put on the guitar if need be)
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Quote by assparade69
its a les paul, not an sg. and the line 6 shouldnt be doing that, as bad as they are, they have no problem with things like that, its just tone thats their problem. thats another battle though.

try using a diffrent pickup, raising your pickups, or getting new ones. its either a pickup problem, or an action problem. or try new strings.

I typed Gibson S I G not SG
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
Quote by MachinegunKelly
Thanks UG for the quick replies btw!

On a second note: I've had the stock strings on for over a month do you think i should change them? Im kinda noob at guitar tech stuff. (ive got some extra ernie bal slinkies to put on the guitar if need be)

Ya, the strings are most likely dull and crappy.
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG