Just as the thread title asks, how thick do you like picks? I'm starting to really focus on speed picking and I play with 1.00 mm and 1.14 mm Dunlop Tortex picks. But I was wondering what bigger sizes other people use, cuz I wanna try out possibly getting thicker picks.
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
I play a lot of Gilbert/Satch stuff and I find .73mm to be perfect.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
i used to use 1mm and 96mm picks, but one day i bought a dunlop 2mm ( not sure what its called but it had a turtle on it and it was purple) and it was awesome. I play lots of zeppelin and the other picks when i would play real fast got..... sort of stuck or caught up on the strings, but the 2mm one is great, it just glides right over. but thats just my personal preference
I got some thin picks and thick picks as I was starting out, thinking I would like the thick ones better. I ran out of the thin ones first, love them. Just try whatever.
I like thick picks. Dunlop 2mm's are my favorite.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
I use primarily .73 yellow tortex however Jazz III's are also a preference of mine and I will use .88's for drop tuning
Yeah I was thinkin about getting 2 mm or 1.5 mm. I'll definetly pick some up now.
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
jazz 3 in terms of speed, but it wasnt comfortable. in terms of comfortableness and tone, tortex .60 mm
Dunlop 1.5mm. Lovely; it seems to give me a better sound than a thin pick.
hell yes 3mm. i go anywhere between those and 1.5 mm. i usually play stubby's but have recently found them to be too small to change between strumming and lead lines very easily (i.e. my finger and thumb tend to get in the way), but then again maybe i just need to practice more.
Quote by sisuphi
hell yes 3mm. i go anywhere between those and 1.5 mm. i usually play stubby's but have recently found them to be too small to change between strumming and lead lines very easily (i.e. my finger and thumb tend to get in the way), but then again maybe i just need to practice more.

Hence why I use the 3mm BIG stubby's

Pick for men.
i think you actually have to shave the 3mm pick every few days. and i think it works best when you dunk it in some beer as well before playing.
Quote by sisuphi
i think you actually have to shave the 3mm pick every few days. and i think it works best when you dunk it in some beer as well before playing.

You are confusing 3.0mm picks with Sheep.
A .6 pick is not too thick.
A .6 pick is the pick to pick.
A .6 pick is versatile.
A .6 pick is worth my while.
Color
is
subjective.
1.14mm tortex,

but i do have a 1mm metal pick (actually made from a sheet of polished metal) that i use if i want to damage people's guitar strings >_>
1.14mm. When I'm just strumming chords at church I like using 0.6mm, but other than that I have a hard time playing accurately without a medium/heavy pick.
hey some put words to numbers for this thread. ie .70-.80 is medium or whatever.
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Small and thick, Dunlop Jazz 3's all the way
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
Dunlop 1mm Nylons.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
2mm. They're great. :3
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
I like the 6mm picks, they help me go really go fast and uhh, you know it just helps.

But really I use whatever the hell I can find