One day i decided to try drop C tuning, and i loved it. But most of the bands i like to play, and the music i am writing are in standard tuning. What i liked about drop C is the strings were really loose and then i pluck them, they had what i call a "Tin can" sound. The strings were smacking on the fretboard. Is there a way to make the strings looser or produce this sound in standard short of just fingering really hard?
try slightly lowering your action, or investing in a lighter gauge string.

The lighter strings will have less tension against the neck, so they feel "looser".

Lowering of the action will drop the strings closer to the frets, possibly producing that clicking sound you seem fond of.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Try D standard or half-step. I know what you're talking about, and I can get it using GHS Bass Boomers (light) and half-step tuning.

EDIT: Lowering your action will probably help too.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
well, for freakin drop c you would need to get heavier strings. i have a 5 string, and i keep it all a whole step up so its pretty much drop c with a higher note. try getting a low b string (5th string) and then moving it all up one, so you have CF#BE. if thats right. sorry im tired, but yeah.
Quote by assparade69
well, for freakin drop c you would need to get heavier strings. i have a 5 string, and i keep it all a whole step up so its pretty much drop c with a higher note. try getting a low b string (5th string) and then moving it all up one, so you have CF#BE. if thats right. sorry im tired, but yeah.

It would be C Standard....I sorry, it's a little OCD thing I have.....

Lower your actions and if you're playing with your fingers, play closer to the neck.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
tune it in drop c and use a capo, that insure you get the exact soudn you want. pluck towards the body of the bass, sort of smackign the strings agains the pickups.
What strings are you currently using? To get the same sound you'll just want really light strings.