Alright, I had fixed the EQ on my amp (2-band) for an awesome jazz/blues tone, and I decided I would try to enhance it further, but now I cant remember what I had it set to and I cant find it again.

What should I do?

I guess for a starting point should I put the treble around 8 or 9 and then set the bass around 2 - 4?

(It was a BRIGHT highs and TUBULAR lows), so would the above be a good starting point to start fooling around with?

Also, I know this is an impossible question, but could someone post with suggestions for a Fender-esque tone?
Great sig. I appreciate the support, really, i do.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
This thread gave me a hernia.

I hope you're happy.

It's two bands. Sit down, set them both to 5 and then fiddle with them yourself.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
on note of the sig, screw it, get them out of iraq but in no way mention god or serving our country. they shouldnt be serving our country because this war shouldnt be going on.

but back on topic, if its only a two band theres only a few options. if it had mecha lows and crank highs you probably had like 8-10 bass and 7-9 treble. personally, for jazz, i enjoy high bass, average treble, and lowered tone on my guitar.
He's showing support. He's not saying whether or not we should be there or not, it's a very broad statement, and it's being apolitical. Try it sometime.

I would set the lows around 6-8 and highs around 9. And if you're not already, use the bridge pup, obviously.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Quote by StillSoundRG
He's showing support. He's not saying whether or not we should be there or not, it's a very broad statement, and it's being apolitical. Try it sometime.

I would set the lows around 6-8 and highs around 9. And if you're not already, use the bridge pup, obviously.

First off, thank you for understanding.

On that note, I was in ROTC (military type class), during high-school so I know what its like in the military. Again thank you.

Also, while what you said tone-wise makes since, I was actually getting these on the rythm/neck pick-up. I know, I didnt get it at first myself. It's hard to describe.

It was a tone similar to the song "D-C-B-A" by Jefferson Airplane from their "Surrealistic Pillow" album. If that helps.
Quote by timi_hendrix
This thread gave me a hernia.

I hope you're happy.

It's two bands. Sit down, set them both to 5 and then fiddle with them yourself.

Only worthwhile post in this thread.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by neptune1988
On that note, I was in ROTC (military type class), during high-school so I know what its like in the military. Again thank you.

Sorry but IMO an ROTC program is more like advanced boy scouts...not the military.

And dude...seriously...you have two knobs on your amp...how hard can it be? Really.
Quote by neptune1988

Wow. Pretty hardcore.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Sorry but IMO an ROTC program is more like advanced boy scouts...not the military.

And dude...seriously...you have two knobs on your amp...how hard can it be? Really.

Well, there is some truth to that, obviously.

What I meant was that I have a more informed idea than the average yahoo.

But yeah ROTC is child's play compared to the real thing.
why is it you can always make a thread that makes people wanna bring out the pistol and razor blades when we see the TS's username?

two knobs, it takes like two minutes to try out all the possibilities.....imagine if you had a 2 channel amp with independant EQ and master volume as well as individual channel volumes?

your cranium would prolly cave in....
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
uhh, wow.

wow.

uh, wow, just wow.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.