Well, i have written a little ditty, and I was wondering if you guys could put a key on it. I didn't have one in mind: I just played the notes that sounded like they 'meshed' well, if you know what i mean. Heres the tab for the notes i play, in ascending order (not the song itself:just the notes:
^Same thing, isn't it?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Quote by md41
^Same thing, isn't it?

No. They have different tonal centers, different chords, and different intervals.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
it'd be easier if you wrote the context it's in... the way i played it on my guitar, was i used the G# to hammer onto the A... So I'm agreeing with Bangoodcharlotte... i think it's in Am

EDIT: If you're trying to play something on top of this... i suggest avoiding G or G#... unless you're not a complete 'n00b' and can figure out a way to incorporate it nicely :P
Well, i have written a little ditty, and I was wondering if you guys could put a key on it. I didn't have one in mind: I just played the notes that sounded like they 'meshed' well, if you know what i mean. Heres the tab for the notes i play, in ascending order (not the song itself:just the notes:
Last edited by Stolen Identity at Jul 18, 2008,
With your update it looks like G major or Em - what chords are you playing the melody over?
Last edited by Stash Jam at Jul 18, 2008,
Well, see, all i had written is this, and thats why i came here to see what chords i could play over it. When i wrote it, i had three notes in my head, then i just messed around with some other notes until it sounded good, and so I still only have all of three or four measures. I wanted to know what key its in to possibly write a song around this little riff.

Here is the actual tab, its all i got so far
^It's either Gmajor or E minor. It depends on what chords you put under it.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
ok, say its Gmajor. What chords might i put under it? I know that G C D is the I IV V, but other than those what would fit?
Well, see, all i had written is this, and thats why i came here to see what chords i could play over it. When i wrote it, i had three notes in my head, then i just messed around with some other notes until it sounded good, and so I still only have all of three or four measures. I wanted to know what key its in to possibly write a song around this little riff.

Here is the actual tab, its all i got so far
Use any chords that have the notes of the G major scale.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
How do you guys what key it's in anyway, that's something I've never quite grasped
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
How do you guys what key it's in anyway, that's something I've never quite grasped

same here
Quote by ChemicalFire

Basically look at all the notes used and see what key they fit into. The example in this thread is pretty straightforward as all the notes match the G major/E natural minor scale perfectly ( G A B C D E F#). If there was an F instead of F# you would have all natural notes which would fit C major/A natural minor.