Poll Options
View poll results: Would you?
Free money here i come!
173 56%
No it's just wrong and greedy.
136 44%
Voters: 310.
Page 1 of 5
I don't know if this is discussed, i may have seen something familiar on this forum looong ago but i don't remember, don't think so.

So anyway. If someone told you that you could get 1 million bucks without doing a crap, but the only negative thing is that one random person on earth is going to die.

Would you reject the offer and let the random person live, or would you accept, knowing the consequenses of the persons and his family/friends etc?

I personally would go for the money

Discuss.
...What!?
Yes.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
ill would get the money as long as i never learn who the person was
Yeah I've seen this exact thread less then a few months ago, but no matter. Yes. I would take the money. I'd buy me that Schecter I played at GC today...
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
i wouldnt take it.

knowing my luck i would be the random person that would die.
I wouldent take it. I wouldent have the heart.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
nope. wouldnt live with myself.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Considering random people die every 6 seconds... sure... the rub is... would other people know about the deal?
There was a short story I read in my literature class that was just like this. This random guy told this woman that if she pushed a button on the box, she'd receive a million dollars, but somebody she didn't know would die.

She pondered the idea, and her husband didn't like the idea at all. She ends up pushing the button, her husband gets killed in a subway accident, and the random guy calls her up and says "Hey sweet cheeks, how about supper?" Not really, he just says "You didn't really know your husband."

So no. I probably wouldn't.
I wouldn't take the money.

You're killing one person if you take it, but there's at least another 10-20 people (who are close to that person), who will suffer internally.

Quote by meonme
Considering random people die every 6 seconds... sure... the rub is... would other people know about the deal?

+1

I could do it if no one else knew the deal. If "Selfish kid takes $1,000,000 instead of man's life" was plastered all over the news...
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
over 1000 people die everyday 1 more big deal
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
**** yeah, I unlike other people, can put a price on a human life.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

well everyone is going to die eventually so I'd take the money. But I'd give some to his family.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
No, because that one persons death affects his/her family and friends, then other people are sad for them, them more, and more, and more, and more, and more, until everyone is sad! then every insecure teenager would be so sad they would decide to be emo and cut themselves, then the others would too to fit in, they would all kill themselves, then their parents will be sad, and do what the kids did, etc...
theres already enough wrong with the unbelievable greed in soceity, and that short story would be just what the greedy bastard deserved
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
Quote by Enihs
No, because that one persons death affects his/her family and friends, then other people are sad for them, them more, and more, and more, and more, and more, until everyone is sad! then every insecure teenager would be so sad they would decide to be emo and cut themselves, then the others would too to fit in, they would all kill themselves, then their parents will be sad, and do what the kids did, etc...

Are you kidding? People learn to deal with the death of a family member.
maybe I'm a wimp, but I don't think that I would be able to take the money and know that I killed a person. like lotsofvolume said, a lot of people would suffer, and I don't think I would be able to live myself if I did that. either I'm the pussy or those of you who said you would take the money are pussies for not being able to do the right thing, I'm not entirely sure.
MUSIC can lift us out of depression or move us to tears- it is a remedy, a tonic, orange juice for the ear.
~Oliver Sacks

"You get smaller while the world gets big
The more you know you know you don't know shit"
I don't know if I would.

This video is about a guy who gets asked the same question and it's pretty interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKnhOJ-R80
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by IronNecrosis
over 1000 people die everyday 1 more big deal

This is very true. Yes I would and who's to say that the person wasn't going to die if you didn't take the money? No one cause the person was gonna die anyways. Well what if he was the guy that would come up with the cure for cancer or some ****? Then we're screwed. But I still would.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
Last edited by Metallica Fan21 at Jul 17, 2008,
It all depends. First, if the dealer told me that there is an afterlife for sure then sure if he goes to heaven good for him if he goes to hell one less bad person. The question is an interesting one. Too many factors to really consider the answer on how you would honestly do it. How am I doing economically. If I don't take the money does that mean someone I love or myself will die from starvation? Will the death be painless?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
what if the guy who died was conspiring to assasinate someone important in the world?
Gamertag: Thugzbunny6
add me and say you are from the pit
Nope. But that'd be pretty ironic if you were the one who died when you took the money.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by Ticket48
Nope. But that'd be pretty ironic if you were the one who died when you took the money.

1/6,5000,000,000...Thats a little more then irony...
Dayum, I was going to post the black button!
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks
Quote by codenameduby
It depends on who it is that is going to die.

Youd don't know, it's completely random.
...What!?
Quote by Ticket48

At least then all the money would go to your family.
Well, if you could take the money to save someone else (or give money to the poor, etc).

Then, would you kill one person to save others?
Well, you don't kill that person directly, but rather choose for that person to not live (you know, like kinda what a decision a doctor makes)...

It is the same principle, but in a hyperbolic kind of state, making both options seem more diferent than in the other question...
But depending how you change the question it is the same one...

I personally would let someone die (well, at least someone I don't know, if that is part of the deal) to save more people....
Sure, chances are it's going to be someone I don't know or care about.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
absolutely not
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy.
Page 1 of 5