Page 1 of 2
I prefer to watch women but then again some lesbians are flat out ugly.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
I think it would be good if it kept the tone of that trailer. Nothing too flashy. That was Dr. Manhattan at the beginning, right?
Oh god damn, I was expecting this to be Terry Pratchett's Watchmen...

EDIT: And what song is that by the way?
Last edited by The Silent Fool at Jul 17, 2008,
The Beginning is the End is the Beginning by the Smashing Pumpkins
That looks so sick!!!!!! i hope that every time the camera shifts from the guy with the mask (Rosarach-don't know how to spell it and wont go look at the moment) i hope everytime the camera moves from him to someone else then back his mask switches. I hope it doesnt move while he is on camera cause that'd be dumb.
I cant keep my eyes off this trailer.

True eye candy, this movie.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
It looks like it'll be pretty faithful to the graphic novel. I just want to know if Rorschach's mask changes constantly, like in the comic.
Something else brilliant the mainstream film industry will rob of all its moral ambiguity.

It will at least be better than the Max Payne movie though.
Quote by Vermintide
Something else brilliant the mainstream film industry will rob of all its moral ambiguity.

It will at least be better than the Max Payne movie though.

Don't jinx it!
Quote by Vermintide
Pfff, you know you'd enjoy bitching about how bad it is, more than you'd enjoy it being good movie

Probably so.
Who Watches The Watchmen?

/Obscure reference.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
hmmm looks interesting, looks somewhat faithful to the comic
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Once again Moore's work will become main stream and bastardized(See:V for Vendetta and Anonymous)

Although i would be lying if i said i didn't get nerd wood from this trailer.
Quote by The Silent Fool
Oh god damn, I was expecting this to be Terry Pratchett's Watchmen...

EDIT: And what song is that by the way?

It was a Smashing Pumpkins song, but I can't be bothered to remember which. I think it is from Adore.

Anyway, my dad has the graphic novel, and I need to dig it up out of the garage so I can read it, and claim that I knew about Watchmen long before a movie was in the works.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
It was a Smashing Pumpkins song, but I can't be bothered to remember which. I think it is from Adore.

Anyway, my dad has the graphic novel, and I need to dig it up out of the garage so I can read it, and claim that I knew about Watchmen long before a movie was in the works.

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

lucky. i would actually have to buy it.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Holy Katana
It's not obscure at all if you've read it.

It is obscure, because I was talking about a song of that title by The Prize Fighter Inferno, Claudio Sanchez's side project.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I think it looks amazing.

I'm in the process of reading all 12 parts now, so I can make a proper judgement when I see it in March.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Holy Katana
The Beginning is the End is the Beginning.

Ah! Now I remember. That is one of the first songs I heard from SP, but I was in 6th grade and downloaded it off of Kazaa. Then when I bought a few albums I deleted it.

Never got it again afterwards though...
^Yaar, I think it looks horrible as well.

And I have read the watchmen. That fact does not bias me. I view comics/books and their movie counterparts as two different mediums. It looks horrible imo.
may i inquire as to why people think the trailer looks bad? i completely understand the hard feelings that are held towards the "hollywoodification" of Moore's novels, but as far as this Watchmen goes, I don't think it can be changed that much without changing the entire story.
Well I had never read the comic books before, but I just think it looks like a dumb movie.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Fuck! I just spent an hour looking for it in my hot summer Californian garage, getting sweaty and filthy, and finding 6 boxes of comic books, but none with Watchmen in it.

Grrr!

quit tempting my inner gay

quick my fellow heteros, restore me to what god wanted me to be!
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
quit tempting my inner gay

quick my fellow heteros, restore me to what god wanted me to be!

Quick!

Take Neil Patrick Harris, it's your only chance!!!

Aww, dammit....

Saxo-Walrus

NPH can't just be thrown at people.

...you got to give him some X first.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
NPH can't just be thrown at people.

...you got to give him some X first.

*shame*

Anyway, I'm almost done reading the second part of the series of the Watchmen and it's becoming more and more evident that this had to have been PRETTY hard to convey to film. I know I'm in the really early sections, and haven't really got into the "meat" of the story yet, but the way the comic is laid out, it just doesn't seem all that "film-friendly", so to speak.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20

*shame*

Anyway, I'm almost done reading the second part of the series of the Watchmen and it's becoming more and more evident that this had to have been PRETTY hard to convey to film. I know I'm in the really early sections, and haven't really got into the "meat" of the story yet, but the way the comic is laid out, it just doesn't seem all that "film-friendly", so to speak.

Chapter II's one of my favorites. Those flashbacks get to me.

Quote by Spamwise
Well I had never read the comic books before, but I just think it looks like a dumb movie.

The trailer means almost nothing if you haven't read Watchmen. From the trailer, it looks like a bad X-Men ripoff, but it's actually a drama about authority, power, hero worship, determinism, morality, conspiracies, and, well, a lot of other things. It examines the human aspect of superheroes, their flaws and follies.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by Holy Katana
Chapter II's one of my favorites. Those flashbacks get to me.

Yeah, I'm REALLY liking it so far. I can see the appeal for the novel, and it's regarded as one of the greatest pieces of literature, not just a graphic novel, of all time.

I'm gonna start on Chapter III ASAP.

Saxo-Walrus

yea i saw the trailer in the previews to the Dark Knight

i thought it looked badass
my friends were not so enthused tho
You are now blinking manually
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Fuck! I just spent an hour looking for it in my hot summer Californian garage, getting sweaty and filthy, and finding 6 boxes of comic books, but none with Watchmen in it.

Grrr!

Finding 6 boxes of comic books would be so awesome. I'd just start reading.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Holy Katana
The trailer means almost nothing if you haven't read Watchmen. From the trailer, it looks like a bad X-Men ripoff, but it's actually a drama about authority, power, hero worship, determinism, morality, conspiracies, and, well, a lot of other things. It examines the human aspect of superheroes, their flaws and follies.

+1

Even though I've said it must've been REALLY hard to convey to film so far, just from seeing the trailer, at least, it looks to hold up pretty well, and will do a great job.

One thing I've noticed/liked about it so far is the shot-for-shot, panel-for-panel exactness.

Like, when you see the Comedian be thrown into the window, and that one shot of his funeral, they're both exact recreations of the stills in the comic. I don't know, I just love that aspect.

I'll have to wait, of course, and see how it holds up, but I'm optimistic, at least.

Saxo-Walrus

Page 1 of 2