I've got an Ibanez RG4EX1 and it's got the Edge III trem. bridge or something like that, all I really know is that its the stock bridge that comes with it. I doesn't like me to tune it. So i was wondering if there's a way to lock the bridge, or something so it's somewhat easier to tune it. Any help would be awesome. Or like if i can buy a new fixed bridge for it...
G3AR:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (EMG-81)
Peavey AC BXP-4
Jackson Dinky Reverse (EMG-81)
Gallien-Krueger Backline 112
Peavey Backstage 110
Digitech RP2000

Quote by escalade
I've got an Ibanez RG4EX1 and it's got the Edge III trem. bridge or something like that, all I really know is that its the stock bridge that comes with it. I doesn't like me to tune it. So i was wondering if there's a way to lock the bridge, or something so it's somewhat easier to tune it. Any help would be awesome. Or like if i can buy a new fixed bridge for it...

should have done your research Edge 3 is not a very good trem. I am realty not sure how to go about dealing with one, im sure it cant be that hard, but I have VERY limited experience with one.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
should have done your research Edge 3 is not a very good trem

I know, but i got it at a local store for a decent price, and i couldnt refuse the deal. Damn me and my stupidity!!
G3AR:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (EMG-81)
Peavey AC BXP-4
Peavey Backstage 110
Digitech RP2000

I'm not sure that this is the place for this...
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy.
are you talking about blocking the trem? it will increase sustain and and keep the tuning more stable but you wont be able to use the whammy bar to dive and go up likeyou would normally. To do this, the best way i guess is to cut out blocks of wood teh size of each side of the trem in the inside of the trem cavity and put them in the spaces inside the trem cavity if that makes sense...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by CorvetteRick
I have an Ibby RG560 and the trem (i think edge III) was pissing me off, so I took a piece of cedar and placed it between the trem and body under the back plate. Kinda african-american engineered but works for me, way easier than getting a hardtail bridge.

Ok, I'm pretty sure I get what your saying, but could you or somebody send me a picture of what this would look like or where specifically it's placed??
You can either post it on here, or email me:
keganjgrode@yahoo.com
thanks
G3AR:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (EMG-81)
Peavey AC BXP-4
Peavey Backstage 110
Digitech RP2000

Never mind, I just google image searched it, and now I get it. Thanks for all the help everyone!!
G3AR:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (EMG-81)
Peavey AC BXP-4
Peavey Backstage 110
Digitech RP2000