giggidy-gigidy-giggidy-giggidy

stage setup:
heavily modded yamaha
modded strat
fernandes- no name

carvin 100 head through marshall cab
Quote by TheKaiser77
Wtf

I'm browsing for a new amp (just kind of looking, I'm not gonna buy anything for awhile so I don't know my budget) and I was wondering what a good match for a Les Paul would be (besides a Marshall).
Quote by guitar98765432
Is there a better amp match for a Les Paul than a Marshall?

yeah... its about personal preference you fool

and not everyone plays les pauls
Last edited by pepsi1187 at Jul 18, 2008,
NO, that is if you're using a REAL TUBE Marshall and not a solid state piece of sh*t.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
ok cool lets not hammer this guy hes obviosly a noob.

1. All amps that carry the name marshall dosent make them super amps.

2.it depends its all a matter of preference ask jimi hendrix, what do you think hed say and it also depends on what kind of a sound your going for
I'd say a Diezel Herbert would be a better match with most any guitar than a Marshall, but again, it's all preference and opinion
Quote by rokket2005
I'd say a Diezel Herbert would be a better match with most any guitar than a Marshall, but again, it's all preference and opinion

+1 , or a mesa, or a vox, or a fender, or an orange .... it all really depends what YOU want your tone to be and what kind of music you play.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
bogner, hughes and kettner, framus, laney, mesa, vox, randall, fender, orange, peavey, crate, krank, evh, bugera, egnater, kustom, raven the list is long,
Last edited by kckyle at Jul 18, 2008,
Traynor- Making the Marshall tone better than Marshall since the 1963.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
^VERY informative. not a good suggestion at all.

the only good response that exists to ur questions is something relating to:

"Depends on your tastes and EQ'ing ability"

i play an epiphone through a blackheart and it sounds damn good. *GASP!!!*
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
no,, it is a good suggestion, expensive marshall amps are the best amps you can buy, cheap marshalls are ****. and vox valvetronix are an extremely good brand, with extremely good gear,
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\
no,, it is a good suggestion, expensive marshall amps are the best amps you can buy, cheap marshalls are ****. and vox valvetronix are an extremely good brand, with extremely good gear,

Marshalls best you can buy? ,,,,someones never heard of Dumble
he's going for full out tube tone. the vox's are great amps for sure, VERY fun too. BUT when sat side by side to a, let's say 5 watt tube amp, their tone still doesn't compare. i'm thinking he wants that really crunchy dirt tone you get from tube amps, which i could NEVER coax out of my AD30VT for some reason....it never got that sweet spot right in between clean and crunchy like a real tube amp...

for me, it's almost impossible to say which amp is THE best to buy w/ an unlimited budget....b/c they all accompany different styles..... but i'll agree that Marshalls are THE best for british voiced mid and high gain rock/thrash. of course i'm talkin mostly the marshalls before the 90s. I believe my favorite marshall is from the late 60s early 70s....THE best amp IMO for rock.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
no, never heard of dumble, sounds dumb(le) lol.

and yeh, acdc high gain tone, the guns n roses sweet tone, led zeppelin classic rock tone and many more great bands with marshalls were before the 90's, so your rite there.
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\
no, never heard of dumble, sounds dumb(le) lol.

and yeh, acdc high gain tone, the guns n roses sweet tone, led zeppelin classic rock tone and many more great bands with marshalls were before the 90's, so your rite there.

That makes you dumb yourself... j/k. Dumble is one of the first group of tube amp.

I found that, once you reach a good quality, what consider as "good" depend on your taste, simply because how each indidvidual component (tube manufacteurer, which anode resistor, what cathode resistor, what power tube, etc...) and what kind of sound you want. JTM45 is good for blues and hendrix stuff, but is bad for modenr stuff... while in theory modern high end marshall can do blues, in practice there's still something missing.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff