so i went to pick up my b-52 at112 that i bought on ebay and well i doesnt sound how i last remember playing it well whatever thats not the point. so the things is that the reverb doesnt seem to be working cus i dont hear any difference at all when i turn it all the way up and i dont know what to do. i checked that the cables were properly connected so i know thats not the problem.
so what could it be??
ƒuck your nuts
a couple of things:
Are you using the foot switch (if so, are you turning the reverb on)
Check the tubes, it might not be working because it's tube is dead
How recent was your amp made?
Quote by Ghold125
a couple of things:
Are you using the foot switch (if so, are you turning the reverb on)
Check the tubes, it might not be working because it's tube is dead
How recent was your amp made?

yea im using the foot switch and its turned on.
how do i check the tubes?? like which one is it and how can u tell if the tube is dead?
i dont know when it was made but doesnt look old
ƒuck your nuts
i've heard of people cleaning out the contacts for the reverb pan where the RCA cables pug in. You could try cleaning those and the cable tips. Qtip and rubbing alcohol maybe or similar.

you could have a bad reverb pan altogether in which case you might be able to find a replacement. Reverb pans especially seem to be less tolerant to shipping/traveling as you can imagine.

does this amp have a tube powered reverb? Anyone? I doubt it. Does the amp sound fine otherwise? If you did have a bad tube then the glass would probably have a black, grey or white poweder looking coating inside. You know, like a burned out light bulb.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i've heard of people cleaning out the contacts for the reverb pan where the RCA cables pug in. You could try cleaning those and the cable tips. Qtip and rubbing alcohol maybe or similar.

you could have a bad reverb pan altogether in which case you might be able to find a replacement. Reverb pans especially seem to be less tolerant to shipping/traveling as you can imagine.

does this amp have a tube powered reverb? Anyone? I doubt it. Does the amp sound fine otherwise? If you did have a bad tube then the glass would probably have a black, grey or white poweder looking coating inside. You know, like a burned out light bulb.

how do i know which one is the reverb tube?
its a 12AX7 does it like say it or something??
and ill try cleaning it and see if that works
ƒuck your nuts
i cleaned the hole where the cables go in and i checked the tubes but i still have the problem. so i guess its the reverb itself that isnt working
ƒuck your nuts
if the tubes look fine and they all light up when you play then that is prolly not the issue.

i don't think a replacement reverb pan would cost all that much but I'm not sure where you could find one. Maybe contact B-52 and/or search ebay for one.

and not to make you feel worse, but this is why i don't buy gear on-line. good luck man.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

and not to make you feel worse, but this is why i don't buy gear on-line. good luck man.

haha well i still save A LOT. i got it for 350 with shipping and it costs 549.99 without tax.
and the reverbs on ebay are like 20 bucks

btw can u repair those things if its broken or something??
ƒuck your nuts
I hear B-52s are notorious for breaking easily, especially the reverb.

I'd contact B-52 or the seller to see if anything can be done.
b-52 cant do anything for me since im not the original buyer. ill contact the seller but i dont think he can do anything either and i dont want to get my money back since ive been wanting this amp for a while now and theyre hard to find used and even harder to find them for cheap.
ƒuck your nuts
they are all pretty much made the same and as long as it has the RCA type jacks you should be able to find one on-line even if it isn't for a B-52.

you may have to drill some holes or use duct tape (lol) but it wouldn't hurt to try.

do you know what you are looking for, because i could post a pic of mine. Or just search Google or eBay for Reverb Pan - you'll find some.
i just took it off and noticed that the springs had fallen out...
how do i put them back on?
ƒuck your nuts