Alright so I have 460 bucks right now and I am gonna be getting another 200 or so at the end of the month. In the mean time I have to look for what I want.

I am not sure ether to get a new amp first or guitar. I play mostly metal, rock, classic rock, blues, but mainly metal. I really want a guitar more but most say I should change my amp first. So what do you guys think? What are some good guitars/amps I could get for about 500-700 dollars.
Quote by Ghold125
You want a new amp. You might even find a used marshall jcm800 for 700

Alright ill check that amp out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Considering you're in Canada, I'd also take a look at Traynors. Mainly the Traynor YCV50 Blue and maybe an OD.
Well, what kind of music do you play, and what do you already have?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Unless the tolex has gone to hell you wont find a decent JCM-800 for $700 I would get Peavey JSX but that's just my opinion.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by guitaruboy
you wont find a jsx for that price either

Used....around $700 or $750 a JCM-800 would be around $1000-$1300
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
why the **** do people recomend 1000 dollar amps when someone had 460.
My suggestion for you is a used B-52AT, or a used Bugera 333XL.
Ive played both and i got say i like the bugera only a little better.
Combos if you want just metal plain metal for lead get a Peavey XXX they come in 60 watt 112 combos.
hope that helps unlike other suggestions on this site.
Last edited by TheKaiser77 at Jul 18, 2008,
Quote by TheKaiser77
why the **** do people recomend 1000 dollar amps when someone had 460.
My suggestion for you is a used B-52AT, or a used Bugera 333XL.
Ive played both and i got say i like the bugera only a little better.
Combos if you want just metal plain metal for lead get a Peavey XXX they come in 60 watt 112 combos.
hope that helps unlike other suggestions on this site.

Well I am getting about another 200 or so so I will probably have around 700 bucks. Not exactly sure, but I have heard tons of bad things about the Burgera. Every time I bring it up people tell me not to buy it, and I don't know why. I've asked them whats bad about it and they just say "Don't buy it."

Anybody let em know why they're bad, if they are at all?
there good amps, just ****ty quality control. As with parts not working.
Ive played a XXX and 333xl and i just think the XXX is horrid even tough the 333XL is emulating it.
I have a friend whos had one for 8 months now and nothings happend so i dont know what do you think. Other than the horror stories you hear on the web there just unbeliavable awesome amps, stock no one could beat it in its price range except maybe the B-52, all you really need is a speaker swap and maybe the tubes.
Any who try out the amps if your worried about quality control buy a B-52AT12 ive heard thyve fixed up alot of there quality problems.
Do you gig? You can always look into the Valveking option. I got a Bad Monkey for mine and made a huge difference. There are some UG'rs with some good metal stuff in there profiles if you are interested i can hook you up.

Obviously if you can go used, that opens up more options and I like the Laney suggestion as well.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Do you gig?

There are some UG'rs with some good metal stuff in there profiles if you are interested i can hook you up.

No I don't gig yet, and I'd like to check out some peoples stuff out.
Quote by TheKaiser77
^with that type of money he could do much better than a valveking,

you are right, which i why i recommended some other things. plus, if he doesn't get the full $200 extra in funds at least he will have another amp to look at.

here are some UG'rs who I know that wouldn't mind me posting these.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sadistic+sponge/

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/sg622/

you be the judge. The Blues demo's I have heard sound good too. Good luck.
Quote by SG6578
Used....around $700 or $750 a JCM-800 would be around $1000-$1300

The hell are you looking for JCM800s? I see them all the time in the $700-800 range. For that much cash, you could buy a Splawn Quickrod.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com