thats probably infringing on rights and stuff but like, who cares... They like sausages

I personally dont want to see a bunch of dudes walking around in womens clothing anyway
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
Everyone beware in the ****ing UAE. Place is scary. Dude got detained for a microscopic trace of pot on his shoe.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
That's not exactly news, most countries in the middle-east, hell, Africa even, don't care much for homosexuality. It's just that some of these countries take preventive measures.
Sucks to be gay over there I guess.
"They were detained [on] Wednesday but [police] did not elaborate."

Dirty bastards.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Sound Mind
That's not exactly news, most countries in the middle-east, hell, Africa even, don't care much for homosexuality. It's just that some of these countries take preventive measures.
Sucks to be gay over there I guess.

In Iran the don't have homosexuals like we do here.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by Pr3vieWX360
thats probably infringing on rights and stuff but like, who cares... They like sausages

I personally dont want to see a bunch of dudes walking around in womens clothing anyway

Whoa. Ignorance alert.

And to the person who said "It's their own fault for being ignorant of the laws." It's not a matter of laws. This is a global problem called homophobia, and if anybody gave a damn about anyuthing, they'd do something to stop it over there.

Everyone gets up in arms when the little children of Darfur are in trouble, but who gives a **** about the fags, eh?
Quote by original=punk
Whoa. Ignorance alert.

And to the person who said "It's their own fault for being ignorant of the laws." It's not a matter of laws. This is a global problem called homophobia, and if anybody gave a damn about anyuthing, they'd do something to stop it over there.

Everyone gets up in arms when the little children of Darfur are in trouble, but who gives a **** about the fags, eh?

Well to be fair the Darfur kids are a tad bit worse off.
OMG homosexuality is illegal! not that i'm homophobic but i love that city! Men won't ask me if i need help trying on jeans
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by technicolour
They're probably all dead...

lol, prolly...
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Well to be fair the Darfur kids are a tad bit worse off.

I understand, but we could try to give a little help to them, or at least shed some damn light on it. I'm not askign people to go out of their way and protest to the UAE for it, but at least be aware and spread the awareness.

But people adon't give a damn, if you read the replies to this thread.
Quote by original=punk

Well yeah it's homophobic, but they have different values there, and you have to respect it. These guys clearly weren't.

EDIT: Just because we're tolerant in the Western world, doesn't mean the east has to. Quite frankly, there's not a damned thing we can do about it, and we probably won't do anything.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
fags have it bad? look at pot its done nothing wrong it only made people happy and hungry and they made it illegal...those bastards

but on topic i dont really care if they wanna wear womens cloths let them, i find it funny anyways
Quote by Colgate Total
Well yeah it's homophobic, but they have different values there, and you have to respect it. These guys clearly weren't.

EDIT: Just because we're tolerant in the Western world, doesn't mean the east has to. Quite frankly, there's not a damned thing we can do about it, and we probably won't do anything.

I guess. But cultures really shouldn't influence the government, but I'm too idealistic.

And to the guy who compared homophobia to anti-drug laws, while i'm not anti drug.....that was just f*cking dumb.
Quote by technicolour
They're probably all dead...

I lol'd. Am I a bad person? xD
Feed your mind.
I'm tempted to make a Soviet Russia joke, but that's just kind of sad.
Then again, the people probably knew damn well that homosexuality isn't tolerated over there.
It's a shame that the UAE has such laws, but you'd think that the visiting tourists have the common sense to not flaunt it in public places.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319
I'm tempted to make a Soviet Russia joke, but that's just kind of sad.
Then again, the people probably knew damn well that homosexuality isn't tolerated over there.
It's a shame that the UAE has such laws, but you'd think that the visiting tourists have the common sense to not flaunt it in public places.

They were being who they are. It may have been illegal, but let's ask how many UGers have done something illegal. Probably alot of them. Do we all have no common sense because we did what we wanted to do rather than what the law said? Granted, maybe some of the things may not have been the smartest things to do, but it's the concept.
Quote by original=punk
They were being who they are. It may have been illegal, but let's ask how many UGers have done something illegal. Probably alot of them. Do we all have no common sense because we did what we wanted to do rather than what the law said? Granted, maybe some of the things may not have been the smartest things to do, but it's the concept.

It's one thing for the natives there to protest the law, sure, but when people are visitors in another country with a completely different culture, It's not ok to try to belittle their law and culture, regardless of the unjustness of the particular law. It would be kind of like visiting your ultra-conservative grandmother at her house while in drag; you probably wouldn't do it out of respect.
Quote by byakuya08
lol, prolly...

Because thats really fucking funny isn't it douchebag?
Co-President of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Me, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by iceman_8319
It's one thing for the natives there to protest the law, sure, but when people are visitors in another country with a completely different culture, It's not ok to try to belittle their law and culture, regardless of the unjustness of the particular law. It would be kind of like visiting your ultra-conservative grandmother at her house while in drag; you probably wouldn't do it out of respect.

Actually I would do that example that you stated. I don't give respect to those who give me none. Same thing there. Maybe they weren't doing it out of disrespect, but honestly didn't know how severe the penalties were. I'm just trying to stand up for a group of people who were unjustly treated, and it seems no one give's a damn and that pisses me off.
You can make a lot of money working in the UAE. But make one mistake and they'll probe your ass and chop your hand off.
Quote by original=punk
Actually I would do that example that you stated. I don't give respect to those who give me none. Same thing there. Maybe they weren't doing it out of disrespect, but honestly didn't know how severe the penalties were. I'm just trying to stand up for a group of people who were unjustly treated, and it seems no one give's a damn and that pisses me off.

Sure, its a sad state of affairs, but you can't expect to waltz in to someone's country and have them conform to your standards on your own whim. Your idealist vision requires mutual respect (not agreement, but respect) from both parties, and you seem to lack that respect for the opposing viewpoint.

I think Colgate Total summed it up best
Quote by Colgate Total
Just because we're tolerant in the Western world, doesn't mean the east has to. Quite frankly, there's not a damned thing we can do about it, and we probably won't do anything.

I don't believe that the UAE did the right thing in imprisoning those men, but it's not in our place to tell them whats right or wrong. Just like we solved civil rights on our own, they will have to do the same if they choose to.
Quote by iceman_8319
Sure, its a sad state of affairs, but you can't expect to waltz in to someone's country and have them conform to your standards on your own whim. Your idealist vision requires mutual respect (not agreement, but respect) from both parties, and you seem to lack that respect for the opposing viewpoint.

I think Colgate Total summed it up best

I don't believe that the UAE did the right thing in imprisoning those men, but it's not in our place to tell them whats right or wrong. Just like we solved civil rights on our own, they will have to do the same if they choose to.

We're far from solving civil rights. I dunno what world you live in, but in the one I live in, people who aren't White, and Straight, are still pretty f*cking hated and discriminated against. IO don't want to argue, for god sakes, we agree that it's wrong.

But I'm just a bit too idealistic I guess.
Quote by original=punk
Whoa. Ignorance alert.

You are so punx.
It's completely wrong that some countries still have laws about homosexuality, and we need to do something about it. BUT, you have to consider that these guys are absolutely retarded.

I know that it's illegal to be homosexual there, so I wouldn't go there wearing knickers. Simple as.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by deckerbastard69
fags have it bad? look at pot its done nothing wrong it only made people happy and hungry and they made it illegal...those bastards

but on topic i dont really care if they wanna wear womens cloths let them, i find it funny anyways

Dude, pot could help save the world in a few simple ways.
1.You can make clothes out of it.
2. The oil and seeds are very nutritious.
3. You can make rope and just about anything else you'd make out of cotton with it.

However, I don't see why they couldn't just claim to women, is there a law there that says they can check for traps?!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by fortysix&2
Dude, pot could help save the world in a few simple ways.
1.You can make clothes out of it.
2. The oil and seeds are very nutritious.
3. You can make rope and just about anything else you'd make out of cotton with it.

However, I don't see why they couldn't just claim to women, is there a law there that says they can check for traps?!

I don't know whether this is what you're trying to say, but it is completely legal to make clothes and rope out of hemp, and to eat the seeds.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I don't know whether this is what you're trying to say, but it is completely legal to make clothes and rope out of hemp, and to eat the seeds.

You can do with cannabis what you can do with hemp.
And in a lot of places it's illegal to even grow hemp without a permit.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
i wonder what they deem as cross dressing over there
for all we know they probaly wore tight jeans
There are more countries in the world where homosexuality is punishable by death than countries where gay marriage is entirely legal.