I know there have been many threads on this, and that I should hold it the most comfortable way.

I know many guitar players play with the side of their index, and I finally learned to play that way, but I think my holding wierd. I hold it with the side of my index, but the the tip of my finger is not hanging off the pick. Also, the tip of my index is NOT facing towards my hand
like this
(not me)

but more like a 45 degree angle (so it's not facing the pointed part either). I want to learn how to hold the way that's best for speed, so should I change my grip while I can and start to hold it differently?
i hold it with my thumb kind of going up and diagonal on the pick, makes harmonics easier and i think its easier to tremolo pick like that too, the pick doesnt snap back and forth as much
Choke up on the pick more too, i know it's not you in the pic but yeah
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by welby
if it helps any i hold it that way to
and i just switch when i have to.

+1

i like to hold it with my thumb and index finger, leaving my other fingers free to do any finger picking, but if im doing rhythm then i hold it in a way that keeps it more firmly in my hand, so i can swap from hard strumming to soft, really quickly without dropping my pick
Quote by mdwallin
+1

i like to hold it with my thumb and index finger, leaving my other fingers free to do any finger picking, but if im doing rhythm then i hold it in a way that keeps it more firmly in my hand, so i can swap from hard strumming to soft, really quickly without dropping my pick

haha same here