Ok, I been playing the guitar for a few years now. My one problem has always been soloing. I use two Les Paul Studio's, and a Fender Tele. Threw a Mesa Ace combo. Ive gone threw my share of gear and all. But one problem is the G B & E strings have always sounded really thin to me. It bugs me to no end, I keep my treb at about 7-8, and the mids around 8. Any Ideas on how to beef it up? I have no complains about my E A D strings at all they sound perfect. Thanks!
You mean you keep them at 7-8 oclock, meaning like putting it on around 2-3, or do you mean accually on 7 or 8?
Anyways, just mess with your settings, you may be able to fix the problem you're having. Is it just on one guitar, or all of them?
Actually on 7-8. Really its all of them, I always seem to have had this problem. I'm kind of picky you see lol. I usually run my Delay ped. When I do any kind of solo. That helps a little bit, but I can still feel the notes aren't there quite yet.

The amp it's self has a Solo boost, But even that's not really enough. I like to use it all the time haha. I dunno I may try a Eq pedal when I get some more money. Maybe that would help. Thanks!
Try and pick a little closer to the neck pickup, or right over it or even nearly past it, as in at the 22nd fret, that might sound ridiculous, but it does take the edge off the sound, which might make it sound less thin.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Treble booster? EQ pedal? Try out some new strings?

Just a few tips I can think of right now.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by thankyougermany
Try and pick a little closer to the neck pickup, or right over it or even nearly past it, as in at the 22nd fret, that might sound ridiculous, but it does take the edge off the sound, which might make it sound less thin.

Yup good tip. Playing the same lick further down the neck (say 5th fret onwards on A rather than open on E) will have the same result. Learnt that from reggae bass
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Hmmm. I will give that a try, I do switch it up alot places I pick. Ive used alot of picks too, the regular dunlop blues ones. Metal picks, Jazz picks, thick picks. Right now I use a gemstone one, a bit expensive but hey they dont wear out. Now that I think about it mabe I haven't tried that, Gahh! I cant remember Ill give it a shot thanks!
I usually stick with 10's or 9's Depends on which guitar im using. I like the way the lower string sounds I don't want those any heavier, and I would hate to buy 2 packs of Elixer's all the time lol!. Ehh maybe that's worth a shot too.
Yea im considering some kind of treb boost too, I deff want a good 10 band eq for sure. I just hate running alot of pedals. Thanks!
LOL! a RR3 was like my second guitar!! I miss that thing so much ;_____; it was a kick ass guitar!
Im by no means a master of soloing but I am told that throwing in bends and **** makes it sound bigger and more interesting
Thanks everybody!! I finally got something that works, it was a little expensive. It does fix the problem I had thought, I got a Boss sp-1 or spectrum. Dear god!!! no more weak sounds at all! Thanks to everybody that commented!