Two amps, one with synth/fuzz on it, and one clean.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Please delete one of these threads, you do not need two.

Chris from muse uses a special setup, when using effects he has both a wet and a dry bass signal running to separate amps. The distorted sound is a Big Muff but for the more synthy sounding things he uses an Akai Deep Impact pedal and live he actually uses a synth a lot of the time.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
We really do need a "sound like insert famous bassist here" thread to be stickied....sigh

Big Muff is NOT the answer, ok, most people can't really afford to Bi-Amp, so a Big Muff will kill their low end, and they'll sound more like Mr Cliff Burton...

What you want is something like the Boss ODB3, a distortion that's closer to fuzz, gives a pretty good approximation of Chris's tone on a budget, but yeah, good luck finding a Deep Impact,and when you do, tell me so I can steal it

But you're not gonna get his exact studio ir live tone, ones a studio tone, and he has a lot better equipment than you, you dont have £1000's of pounds to spend on your setup, unless you do, then Im goin to rob you too
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
im going to stay out of this one as i get rather worked up about this whole muse tone business. but i will say that i came across the mxr blowtorch and its the closest ive got with a standard stompbox
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by indie-bassist
Please delete one of these threads, you do not need two.

Chris from muse uses a special setup, when using effects he has both a wet and a dry bass signal running to separate amps. The distorted sound is a Big Muff but for the more synthy sounding things he uses an Akai Deep Impact pedal and live he actually uses a synth a lot of the time.

+1
I got a good Muse tone with the Ashdown Hyperdrive, since it keeps the bottom end it almost sounds like a bi-amp with a clean and distorted signal
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
If you wait until august, I am going to make a Bassist Of The Month on him in which I will give a full breakdown of his tone.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
To the TS--this is the second thread you opened up on this. Please do not do that in the future. Closing this thread since it was opened up after the first.