There are spoilers here, so if you haven't beaten the game, then...you are warned.

Anyway, so basically it's revealed that in Metal Gear Solid 3, you played as Big Boss. And in MGS 3, you had to fight Ocelot (the young one, anywho). That's what confuses me, though- in MGS4, it says that Big Boss and Ocelot were on the same side.

Wtf? Can anyone explain this?
Gaming Thread, please.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that Kojima just makes that crap up as he goes along.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Wasn't Ocelot triple-crossing everyone or something? No clue, but he was ADAM in MGS3 and was supposed to help Snake.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Okay...basically Ocelot is the ONLY person who knew pretty much everything that was going on the whole time. This includes back in the sixties when MGS3 took place. In MGS3 Ocelot was working undercover in order to aid Naked Snake (Big Boss) with out Naked Snake's knowledge. To do that he had to fight him in the course of the story. In MGS4 When Old Snake (Solid Snake) meets up with Big Mamma (EVA), she tells him that shortly after the events of MGS3, Patriots were formed with Big Boss, Ocelot, EVA, Zero, and the rest of the MGS3 support team. I guess that Big Boss was eventually told that Ocelot was acting as a double agent to support him, so they worked together in the Patriots...at least until the Patriots broke up anyway.

Hope that's not too confusing...but if you're playing MGS confusion should be pretty easy to handle

Peace
Yeah I had to read up on wikipedia after I completed MGS4, too many facts to handle. I like the way it was finished off though, with snake living and meeting big boss, instead of just killing him off.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by mrcrono
It was never really a secret that the person you were playing in MGS3 was Big Boss... sounds like you just now figured that out

Yeah i'm pretty sure it's written on the back of the case, lol.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
inb4closed

For me it usually takes at least two playthroughs until I get the whole plot in MGS games,
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by Jonny Blaze
Okay...basically Ocelot is the ONLY person who knew pretty much everything that was going on the whole time. This includes back in the sixties when MGS3 took place. In MGS3 Ocelot was working undercover in order to aid Naked Snake (Big Boss) with out Naked Snake's knowledge. To do that he had to fight him in the course of the story. In MGS4 When Old Snake (Solid Snake) meets up with Big Mamma (EVA), she tells him that shortly after the events of MGS3, Patriots were formed with Big Boss, Ocelot, EVA, Zero, and the rest of the MGS3 support team. I guess that Big Boss was eventually told that Ocelot was acting as a double agent to support him, so they worked together in the Patriots...at least until the Patriots broke up anyway.

Hope that's not too confusing...but if you're playing MGS confusion should be pretty easy to handle

Peace

There ya go!
I don't understand all the confusion about MGS. I've never found the series too complicated...

You're question's been answered.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by DeathForAll
Anyway, so basically it's revealed that in Metal Gear Solid 3, you played as Big Boss. And in MGS 3, you had to fight Ocelot (the young one, anywho).

Its not "revealed" at all, everyone knew that back when MGS3 came out!
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409