Hey guys,

Do any of you have any experience with the Ibanez RG350DX and the Schecter Omen Extreme FR?

Which one is better to play stuff like Killswitch, The Red Shore, Burden Of A Day, Job for a Cowboy etc ?

and do you have any other suggestions for a good guitar within the price range of $700 - $900?

thanks
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.

I haven't been on UG in ages... I miss you guys

[="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"]
Quote by ALotLikeVegas
Hey guys,

Do any of you have any experience with the Ibanez RG350DX and the Schecter Omen Extreme FR?

Which one is better to play stuff like Killswitch, The Red Shore, Burden Of A Day, Job for a Cowboy etc ?

and do you have any other suggestions for a good guitar within the price range of $700 - $900?

thanks

They both have the same problem: a cheap bridge. These will wear out a lot sooner than you want them to.

Now, when choosing between the two, I'd go for the RG, but with the Edge III bridge swapped out for an OFR.

However, your 700-800 budget will allow for Ibanez models like (the prices are from GC):

The RGR1570 (800$):

The S620EXQM (800$):

(Alternatively, the S470 is a cheaper option)

Also check out brands like Jackson, ESP LTD, etc.

The best thing though is to try a bunch of guitars yourself. Just watch out for cheap trems and you should be fine.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
i say check out the ibanez s series 7 string with the z.r. trem. i want one bad!

jym
i agree with bonsaischaap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would have bought that rg if it had a fixed bridge. Damn you, Edge III!
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
^

though i just noticed his location is australia. Might have to settle for the s470/320 then.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?