I recently inherited a few awesome guitars. One of them is a 1959 Gibson Les Paul that was built from authentic 1959 Gibson parts (many from Max Baranett) and assembled by Uncle Lou Gatanas. I know Gibson won't let me sell it on Ebay, but can anyone give me some idea of how much this guitar is worth ? I know price depends on how good it was done but can you give me a ballpark figure ? It is emmaculate and really looks authentic. Thanks !
no idea, but what do you mean "Gibson won't let you sell it on eBay"???
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
My friend has a similar guitar made by Max Baranett himself and Gibson pulled the Ebay ad. They said even if it has authentic Gibson parts, if they didn't build it, you can't call it a Gibson.
id say its worth just about nothing. Its a piece of junk really. but since im very generous ill give you $100 for it
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Quote by les witty
id say its worth just about nothing. Its a piece of junk really. but since im very generous ill give you $100 for it

I see what you did thar
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Check out my profile to see the guitar I am talking about, then if you have any serious help on where I could get an appraisal in San Diego or what you think it is worth, I would appreciate your input. Thanks !
Quote by Reaper47
My friend has a similar guitar made by Max Baranett himself and Gibson pulled the Ebay ad. They said even if it has authentic Gibson parts, if they didn't build it, you can't call it a Gibson.

It doesn't mean you can't sell it, you just can't sell it as a Gibson because it isn't one, they are right, it isn't a Gibson unless Gibson built it. Carvin is also against people selling their own kit guitars as Carvins, which is why they don't sell Carvin decals.

Not sure how much it is worth, really. I wouldn't be surprised if you can still get quite a bit for it, but can't really say how much.
pics?
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
You guys.. aren't that smart. The TS already said the pics were in his profile.
Quote by mafropetee

I brought my electric to school w/ no amp and started playing it, and some guy was like "I can barely hear it, and it doesn't sound all cool. I think it's a fake guitar"

g e a r//
Epi Futura Prophecy FX
Epi G-400
Boss DS-1
Vox AD15VT