My 12yr old Laney bass head is dying, so im saving up for a new head, i have come up with two amp heads...

The warwick profet 3.2-300watts-$560AUD

http://www.warwickbass.com/amps/profet_3_2.htm

and the

Hartke HA2500-250watts-$450AUD
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1794&brandID=3

What do you think would be best, ive been playin for about 2-3yrs, in a band playing in clubs, parties and open stages. Genre i play is punk rock to heavy metal hardcore stuff.

Would the hartke be loud enough for my needs, being only a 250watt amp.

Also, i have a 450watt 8 ohm ashdown 410 cab.
Last edited by Barrington69 at Jul 18, 2008,
I'm not sure how much Ashdown is there, but why not buy the matching MAG300 if it's reasonably priced?

I've never tried either of those amps so I can't really give insight to either, but I really like Ashdown amps for the price they are over here.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i would rather have an ashdown head to match my cab, but the only heads by ashdown i can afford are the 180 watt blue one, which probly won't be loud enough, and the Mag300 head, which would be loud enough, but all the reviews i have read about that head say its really crap and doesnt last that long.
Really?

Friend of mine owned a MAG300 and did for about 3 years until he recently sold it because he was downsizing.

I really liked the amp and actually "owned" it myself for about a year while it was at my house for practicing with our band. I found it to be too quiet with his bass, but using other basses through it, I've come to the conclusion that his bass just sounded like crap so it wasn't the amp

I used to use my Ibanez SR500 through it and the active EQ really brought the amp to life.

Can't say we ever had any reliability issues with it and it was great for just about any genre.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
maybe you and your friend were lucky, i will go into some shop and test it out, and talk to the guys about its reliability.

Comeon guys, which amp...i need some help
Warwick or Hartke?
I can almost vouch for the Hartke, at least the HA3500. Our bassist has one and it's great! The tone is great, very clear but can deliver a lot of bottom end if needed!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
warwick sounds great, and is one of the most versatile amps in the price range. My bass rig as of last week was a warwick profet 5.1, 411 pro and 115pro. It's reliable as all hell too. I'd reccomend that over the hartke any day of the week.

Ashdowns have a specific kind of sound going for them, which you might not like. I think the MAG series bites, but you might think different
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Seriously, this is not a chat! Don't bump in under 6 hours!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Hey I don't know if this would help you but I'm actually looking at that Hartke head, but still deciding whether to get the 250 or 350. I've just started a band and I'm not completely sure how much I'm gonna need.... Hope it helps
Quote by silverchairman
Hey I don't know if this would help you but I'm actually looking at that Hartke head, but still deciding whether to get the 250 or 350. I've just started a band and I'm not completely sure how much I'm gonna need.... Hope it helps

This thread is 4 months old.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com