So im thinking about getting one for about $300 (no more)

I've been mainly looking at:

- DigiTech RP500
- DigiTech GNX3000
- Line6 FloorPOD Plus

I'm mainly looking for:

- Great distortion for metal
- Simple and easy to use
- Quick and easy to change effects, turn them on and off.. etc.

Kinda leaning towards the RP500 so far..

What do you guys think?
I have an RP 80

theres some cool sounds on there but They sound weak through my 2x12" amp...

but good through all my other amps lol.
Honestly, if you're looking for great distortion for metal, you're not going to get it in a multi-FX pedal in my opinion. Good distortion comes from an amp, not a multi-FX pedal.

I had an RP-50 for a while, thought it was the beez-kneez until I realised what 'tone' meant. They're fun to play around with, but until you get to the EXPENSIVE ones, I don't think it's worth it.

EDIT: In Australia might get you an RP200, if you're lucky.
Last edited by BGSM at Jul 18, 2008,
$300 USD doesn't even get him a Boss ME-50.

Line 6 POD 2.0 is your cheapest and best bet. You can pick one up for $100-150 AUD second hand.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
yeah, I've heard good things about the PODs and if you go the Digitech route make sure you get a more recent one with AudioDNA2 (250/350/500)....much improved over the older models. Generally I agree that metal disortion on MFX pedals is not that great.
i've played thru the floor pod plus and there are some good tones in there with some tweaking. now the BUT........you have to step on the up down pedals at the same time so you can switch on and off individual effects. and it's just damn near imposssibe to do cleanly every time a very poor design.
I like the Digitech stuff just slightly better than Line 6, but both are very good. I'll be running a head to head review of the GNX3000 w/ SuperModels against the new RP500 in the August FrugalGuitarist.com with a nice group of clips.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yeah, I've heard good things about the PODs and if you go the Digitech route make sure you get a more recent one with AudioDNA2 (250/350/500)....much improved over the older models. Generally I agree that metal disortion on MFX pedals is not that great.

Really? I think I get some decent tones.

Zoom G2.1u

Pocket POD

And wait until you hear the GNX3000 and RP500 next month...
Quote by FrugalGuitarist

Zoom G2.1u

Pocket POD

would you mind posting those in your profile? I don't want to download Megs of MP3s if I can avoid it. Not that I don't trust your site. I just wanna listen and not download. Tnx.

I have a RP250 and have clips in my profile of it.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
would you mind posting those in your profile? I don't want to download Megs of MP3s if I can avoid it. Not that I don't trust your site. I just wanna listen and not download. Tnx.

I have a RP250 and have clips in my profile of it.

They are hosted on my ezine, FrugalGuitarist.com, along with a bunch of others. I understand not wanting to download misc links, but I assure you, they're safe.
Quote by Cofflecakes
$300 USD doesn't even get him a Boss ME-50.

Line 6 POD 2.0 is your cheapest and best bet. You can pick one up for $100-150 AUD second hand.

ME-50s are $295 on MF.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by FrugalGuitarist

Zoom G2.1u

Pocket POD

Thanks for the clips

In my opinion, the Zoom is miles ahead from that clip.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
ME-50s are $295 on MF.

prices are different in Australia.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
OK EVERYONE :

I am moving to america on sunday, the prices i was talking about are USD

thanks for the zoom clip; sounds good.

what do you guys think about the G7.1UT ?

also: So the RP500 and the GNX3000 are the same price, and they both have similar features, however ones a MultiFX Pedal and ones a 'Guitar Workstation'
Whats the big difference?

ive read alot of threads about multi fx pedals, and which one is the best for whatever, but everyone seems to have their own opinion, you know?
i reckon i should just go to the local guitar centers around to try out what i can and see whats working for me.
Last edited by marco515 at Jul 18, 2008,
I believe "guitar workstation" is pretty much just part of the name. It's still a modeler.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
I believe "guitar workstation" is pretty much just part of the name. It's still a modeler.

they're the same thing.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Well...

It doesn't look like the RP500 does MIDI or XLR...unless I misread or missed.
The 500 has AudioDNA2 chip I'm pretty sure. 24 bit. (what I have in my 250)

The Workstation has a different chip and can do MIDI and XLR and 4 tracks of 24 bit simultaneously....unless I misread or missed something.
from website on workstation chip:

DigiTech's exclusive GeNeTX Multi-Modeling technology

??
Digitech just cause it looks cool.
I have a old digitech RP200 and the distortion can be to muddy at times. Just go to guitar center and play around with them.