Is MT-2 good enough for doing a gig?? I recently got this brand new pedal and after reading a few reviews am not sure if i got the right one.
i think it should be alright. I find boss distortion pedals sound better at higher volumes, although i'm not sure about the MT-2. most people will just say "it sucks get a metal muff" mind.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
my mate gigged with it through a marshall MG50. Its a good pedal but i would have gone with the metal core. It sounds better for shredding. I chose the metal core over the metal zone because it gives a more punchy sound. I used my metal core through another MG50 at the same gig and i prefered the sound of it.

^^ a little off the point sorry. It should be good for gigs yeah. depends on your amp
Not great at all for gigging, it sucks a load of midrange out of your tone and kills your definition - you'll struggle to be heard in a band situation.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by leony03
my mate gigged with it through a marshall MG50. Its a good pedal but i would have gone with the metal core. It sounds better for shredding. I chose the metal core over the metal zone because it gives a more punchy sound. I used my metal core through another MG50 at the same gig and i prefered the sound of it.

^^ a little off the point sorry. It should be good for gigs yeah. depends on your amp

You're right that it all depends on the amp, i just find it kinda funny that you're saying "depends on your amp" after saying you used it with an oversized practice amp which sounds awful at gigging volumes

i forgot to mention that when i say they sound better when you turn up the volume, it only really works for amps that sound decent with the volume up high.

also seagull: doesn't the MT-2 have a mid control? I'm sure you can also boost the mids... unless i'm thinking of the Digitech death metal..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
should be A LOT better if you have the keeley mod.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain