So i've been looking at getting 3 Swineshead Venoms soon for my LP. All custom finnishes also which is gonna cost me £165.

I'd say that's good pricing for custom pups but i've not played swineys before and looking at the praise there getting on here and elseware they seem like there good.

I was gonna go with the SD SH-2N jazz humbucker in the neck and SH-4 JB in the bridge, this is actually the cheaper option which would cost me £89 off Thomann.

But then i'd be left with my middle pickup. What SD could i put in the middle position on my LP to go with the SH2N and SH-4? (That is if i did decide to choose SD over Swineshead). :P

Some oppinions would be appreciated if you guys would choose the swineys over the SD's.

Thanks.
I would choose the swinehead's over SD, but that's because I think SD's are overrated and overpriced.
I don't know the answer to your question but I often tell people to call Duncan's Cust Serv and walk it thru with them. Their number in on Web Site. Maybe a long distance call for you and I don't think they have a Toll Free number.

That way, you can use that info to compare it to other stuff as well.
Quote by Horlicks
I would choose the swinehead's over SD, but that's because I think SD's are overrated and overpriced.

agreed (well, overpriced in the UK, anyway).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get the Duncans and put some LEDs in the middle.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Just a question, but do you really need the pickups? Not to sound like harsh, but maybe consider a new amp would be a better choice than pickups.

Remember, the amp is 60% of your tone!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Just a question, but do you really need the pickups? Not to sound like harsh, but maybe consider a new amp would be a better choice than pickups.

Prove it.
Quote by Horlicks
Prove it.

On the internet? Now that's hard. But think about it, if you change your pickups and your playing through a cheap amp, the tone will still be rubbish, so it would be a waste of money. If you get a top of the range say, Randall, for metal, the tone would be brilliant, even without the pickup change. So, saying he doesn't have a very good amp, the pickup change wouldn't be worth it, and if he already has a good amp, he should get the pickups.

If ya get me.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
On the internet? Now that's hard. But think about it, if you change your pickups and your playing through a cheap amp, the tone will still be rubbish, so it would be a waste of money. If you get a top of the range say, Randall, for metal, the tone would be brilliant, even without the pickup change. So, saying he doesn't have a very good amp, the pickup change wouldn't be worth it, and if he already has a good amp, he should get the pickups.

If ya get me.

I mean, 60% is clearly not true.
Quote by Horlicks
I mean, 60% is clearly not true.

Well, it's not 90%, that's way to far, like saying a Strat will almost sound like a Les Paul.

Maybe 70% then.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker

Well i've just baught a new amp. I want the new pups because mine suck ass to be honest. I want a good metal sound and the dudes at swineshead reccomended me Venoms which have got alot of praise on forums and stuff. I was gonna go with the EMG 81/85 set up or the SD but its too common so i'm gonna be different:P

Anyway thanks for your interest.