so i read the tuturoial of how to do the little trick..seems simple enough, my dad can do the soldering...but

does the same tutorial follow the same for the Hellraiser because of its battery compartment?

i mean, do i just follow the black wire out of the compartment into the electronics and do the soldering steps?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
yep, should be the same. all you have to do is fit two batteries in the compartment.
im having this done to my hellraiser at the moment

Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Honestly I dont know why poeple do it that way. If you get 3 9v harnesses and wire them all together, all you have to do is plug 2 into a 9v and the other onto the existing harness from your guitar, its entirely reversible and works just the same without doing anything to your guitar.
^^^

People do it that way rather than the removable harness because they like to have neat wiring. Trivial, but it's personal preference. I myself used the temp harness until i knew whether I liked it or not and then made it permanent and neat.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
^^ sounds like more work to me. the other way took me 5minutes
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
^^ sounds like more work to me. the other way took me 5minutes

Hardly...

Just splice the wires together, tape and plug. That's it. How is that more work that soldering wires?
Does this really make it better? Ive thought about doing it but everyone I know whos done it was like is no big deal.
Quote by solidsnake15
Does this really make it better? Ive thought about doing it but everyone I know whos done it was like is no big deal.

The 18v mod makes a huge difference... Now that said it doesnt change the overall sound of the pickup so its not like you do it and it magically turns it into a sh59. Just makes the current pickups, dynamics, tone, and feel a whole lot better. Takes the sterile'ness out of them and makes them more organic like a passive without the power loss.
Quote by solidsnake15

Meh.
Well its like my emg 81 i just can't get the tone I want out of it. The stock pickups in my schecter exotic which are super rock 2's sound awesome. And they are passive. So Im thinking about doing this to see if it improves the 81 i have in my sz. I used to love the 81 until I got that schecter now its hard to go back to it.
Quote by solidsnake15
Well its like my emg 81 i just can't get the tone I want out of it. The stock pickups in my schecter exotic which are super rock 2's sound awesome. And they are passive. So Im thinking about doing this to see if it improves the 81 i have in my sz. I used to love the 81 until I got that schecter now its hard to go back to it.

I was the same way. I have an SG with 81/85's.
Then I got a Jackson setup with SD JB/Jazz.
I hardly play the SG anymore.
Quote by 667
Just splice the wires together, tape and plug. That's it. How is that more work that soldering wires?

soldering's easy as pie!
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
soldering's easy as pie!

Yup, but not easier than twisting wires together.
Quote by 667
Yup, but not easier than twisting wires together.

Soldering is easier, better for it, hell'a more secure and less of a fire hazzard. But by all means keep doing what your doing thats what keeps me in business....