Hello, I need some help getting the final ID out on this Japanese Les Paul look alike. I was told it was a Burny when it was given to me and that it was late 60s- early 70's. But the lack of logo on the headstock has me wondering what it really is. As well as the missing switch that I've seen on other Burnys. I have a good many pictures to it so I'm providing a link bellow. I have some suspisions that its been repainted once which might explain for the missing logo. But I'm really not sure.

Basically it was a family members that got left in the shed in its case for nearly 8 years. Somehow made it through switching to about 5 different rooms in the house and finally 5 years of being outside in a shed in the humid florida heat (might i add through hirrucanes as well). I'm planning on completely restoring it as the guitar means quite a bit to me. If I cant restore it then who knows...

But i really would like to figure out the exact details on it. Gotta figure out what types of hardware to get for it. Cheers all. Thank you.

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/koshmar9/guitars/
'You should really stop smoking that man.. it kills your brain cells....'
' Dude, if you only use 10% of your brain then couldnt you smoke away the other 80%?'
'.........'
Quote by Koshmir
Hello, I need some help getting the final ID out on this Japanese Les Paul look alike. I was told it was a Burny when it was given to me and that it was late 60s- early 70's. But the lack of logo on the headstock has me wondering what it really is. As well as the missing switch that I've seen on other Burnys. I have a good many pictures to it so I'm providing a link bellow. I have some suspisions that its been repainted once which might explain for the missing logo. But I'm really not sure.

Basically it was a family members that got left in the shed in its case for nearly 8 years. Somehow made it through switching to about 5 different rooms in the house and finally 5 years of being outside in a shed in the humid florida heat (might i add through hirrucanes as well). I'm planning on completely restoring it as the guitar means quite a bit to me. If I cant restore it then who knows...

But i really would like to figure out the exact details on it. Gotta figure out what types of hardware to get for it. Cheers all. Thank you.

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/koshmar9/guitars/

Not sure about that being a Burny. The '80s and '90s MIJ Burnys that I've seen have set necks. Even the "newer" Burnys from Korea have set necks. It could be some obscure company since the brand name is missing or was removed.

Have you looked inside the neck pocket? or the PU routes? or the neck heel? or even the PUs? Those might offer some clues.

Good Luck tracking it down.

dude clean it up an sell it to paul gilbert xD

im serious too
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Well, if there's no ID whatsoever, it's gonna be hard to find out what it is.

I'm pretty sure most LP hardware will fit it though...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Ippon
Not sure about that being a Burny. The '80s and '90s MIJ Burnys that I've seen have set necks. Even the "newer" Burnys from Korea have set necks. It could be some obscure company since the brand name is missing or was removed.

Have you looked inside the neck pocket? or the PU routes? or the neck heel? or even the PUs? Those might offer some clues.

Good Luck tracking it down.

+1
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Thank you all. now I'm sure its not a Burny. Which is a little disappointing cause I really trusted this guys word on having a nice les paul copy. but oh well.

I checked around to very little avail finding nothing expect a small made in japan hint.

Although, as you can tell in this pic..

Thers black paint chilling on the neck. So I figured it was re-painted. Although I wasnt really sure. Well I finally got up the courage to snad it off a bit seeing as I have to re-do the body and whatnot anyways. And lo and behold I found this...

I spent a few minutes searching around but didnt really find much about it. Really what I want to knwo is what type of wood this thins made of and where it came from. hopefully i can find it. Anyone know anyhitng about this 'Musica'?
'You should really stop smoking that man.. it kills your brain cells....'
' Dude, if you only use 10% of your brain then couldnt you smoke away the other 80%?'
'.........'