I need some help getting my effects in order in my chain. I just wondered how other people would set them up if they have similar effects.

My effects are :

Boss DS1 distortion
Boss CH1 super chorus
Boss PH3 phase shifter
Boss CS3 compression sustainer
Boss GE7 equalizer
Vox V847 wah

i was also wondering if setting the pedals up in a parallel circuit would be better than just in series and how would I go about this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
what a boss *****.

if you have an FX loop put ur chorus, phase shifter and (not sure on this pedal) compression back there. then i'd have the ds-1, EQ and then wah in order from the front of the amp. compression sustainer might need to be in front, i'm not too sure on that one.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
If you have an effects loop try this:

wah -> compressor -> distorton -> EQ -> amp input

chorus -> phaser -> effects loop

If your amp doesn't have an effects loop try this:
wah -> compressor -> distortion -> EQ -> chorus -> phaser

That's how I would do it, but there are no rules and you can play with them to get different sounds. The EQ especially is one you might try moving around.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
what a boss *****.

if you have an FX loop put ur chorus, phase shifter and (not sure on this pedal) compression back there. then i'd have the ds-1, EQ and then wah in order from the front of the amp. compression sustainer might need to be in front, i'm not too sure on that one.

I think I'd have the same, only with the wah in the effects loop, too, just in case he wants to use his amp's overdrive with the wah.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
I'm running a Line 6 Spider II 212 150 watt combo at the moment which unfortunately doesn't have an FX loop, would a line selctor pedal such as the Boss LS-2 be a good investment in this case?

So you're saying this is the order for those pedals?

Guitar --> Wah --> DS1 --> GE7 --> Amp
if you play mostly w/ any kind of gain then i'd have the EQ AFTER the DS-1 so that way your distorted tone is as good as you like...but try it both before and after ur OD pedal and see which you like better.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by hunter33
If you have an effects loop try this:

wah -> compressor -> distorton -> EQ -> amp input

chorus -> phaser -> effects loop

If your amp doesn't have an effects loop try this:
wah -> compressor -> distortion -> EQ -> chorus -> phaser

That's how I would do it, but there are no rules and you can play with them to get different sounds. The EQ especially is one you might try moving around.

this is good set up but i would also try the wah after the distortion. i know mine sounds much after distortion. but like hunter33 said there are no rules.