could you review my song 'slut'

if you do, good quality crits will come your way just link me to your song

could you pay special attention to the solo thing, i really wanna know what people think of it

www.triplejunearthed.com/IslandPlanetEarth

and if you feel so inclined you can give it a good review on the site

www.triplejunearthed.com/IslandPlanetEarth
Last edited by Gnomestar at Jul 18, 2008,
Cool opening riff. Vocals sound alright, they've got a cool sounding effect to them. I thought the drums could be a bit louder or more energetic sounding perhaps. The solo was pretty good but could still be cleaned up a bit. There are some notes you play that just die right away. The song could maybe be a bit more varied as well, but this is still a great recording!
Thanks for your comments on mine.

I really enjoyed this, it is a great recording. Good solid riff and vocals, the effect is something i would probably not normally like but works well here. The only thing I thought you could really improve was the drums which weren't bad but were a bit samey and started to drag. Still, good job
like the above comments, i liked the riffs. the vocal effect was cool, but its not something i would want to use through an entire song. the solo was pretty good. nothing technical or anything, but it fit the song well. theres a little piece in the middle of the solo though where it just sounds like something went wrong or something. if you could clean up that little bit, it would be perfect.

crit mine please?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=915262
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's pretty cool.
I like the overall kinda dark gritty feel to it. The solo was good, though maybe the effects were a little overdone? The vocals sound really good imho, though the heavy effects made it a little different to discern the lyrics in places. I'd give it 8/10
Good Job

PS crits on mine would be welcome http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=915260
Up The Boro!
Last edited by Oddsbodkins at Jul 21, 2008,
I don't like it. The guitar sound is very bad. And it doesn't seem like an 'effect' to me, it seems like bad EQing or micing.

I can't really comment on the music seeing as it's so odd sounding I can barely decipher it.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
i thought it was pretty cool, i think the vocals needed to be more prominent in the mix and the drums needed to be louder but it was good. i like the kinda lo-fi sludgey vibe to it
Gear!
Guitars:
Epiphone Dot VS
Ovation Celebrity CC024
Jackson JS30DK
Squier Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass
Pedals:
Vox OTT Boost
Amps:
Laney LV300
Quote by DiveRightIn63
I don't like it. The guitar sound is very bad. And it doesn't seem like an 'effect' to me, it seems like bad EQing or micing.

I can't really comment on the music seeing as it's so odd sounding I can barely decipher it.

it's fuzz, it's in a drop tunign and has bass turned up... nothing particularly odd. there is nothign wrong with my guitar tone adn i have no idea what you're on about, please give constructive criticism.

EDIT: and thanks to everyone esle for the crits, v helpful
Last edited by Gnomestar at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by evolucian
its a very cool song. though on the solo i noticed there was a lack of sustain. was the noisegate too high or was it intentional? nonetheless, nice job.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/evolucian/

the first part is meant to be short bursts of playing so it is intentional, later on i dont think so much, franly teh song was ecorded a while ago so i cant say for certain but im sure i remember losing a bit of sustain in recording