hey UG,
I've had my strat converted from HSS to SSS many times and the last time I had it converted back to SSS except this time i wired it up myself with out changing any pot values.. So what I'm wondering is what pot values does a normal HSS strat come with? So I know what pot to change back
what he said, standard rules are 500 for humbuckers and 250 for singles

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I believe the Standard MIM Strat HSS has a 250K pot for HB.

??

I don't believe the HB is wired to either tone pot. At least my HB has no tone control... Which is lame...

EDIT:

Quote by the.spine.surfs
Usually, 500k for the volume, and 250k for the tones.

^ I believe he is correct.
I stand corrected.
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
Last edited by EtherealAmateur at Jul 18, 2008,
Quote by EtherealAmateur
I don't believe the HB is wired to either tone pot. At least my HB has no tone control... Which is lame...

He is correct. A lot of people move the tone control for the middle to the bridge, which makes wayyyy more sense.

Check this out:

http://www.bothners.co.za/articles/hotrodstrat4.shtml

@EtherealAmateur: You have the EXACT same setup as me there, how do you like the tone? I liked my AD30VT when I bought it and I was playing last night and I realized that I was thrilled about the Strat + Vox combo. I don't know, just sounds off. Yours?
I enjoy my amp. I believe sometimes I can dial in a really good tone for some blues, hard rock, and pretty much anything. I love to mess with the effects and I admit having an HSS strat and a modeling amp makes my setup pretty versatile. I like it. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one.

EDIT: BTW, is it possible
to follow this diagram, but wire it to the neck instead of the middle?
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
Last edited by EtherealAmateur at Jul 18, 2008,
Quote by EtherealAmateur
I enjoy my amp. I believe sometimes I can dial in a really good tone for some blues, hard rock, and pretty much anything. I love to mess with the effects and I admit having an HSS strat and a modeling amp makes my setup pretty versatile. I like it. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one.

Haha, oops, I meant to say that I was NOT thrilled about my tone. I like the amp, I really do. Just something about last night maybe. Just find it muddy, anyways
Hmm, compared to a tube, I find it lacking, but for a solid state and practice amp I find it suitable.
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
Quote by EtherealAmateur
Hmm, compared to a tube, I find it lacking, but for a solid state and practice amp I find it suitable.

Yeah, I suppose that's it. It's a shame that my ear for tone is far more developed than my play abilities, so a new amp would seem like a waste. Anyways, to avoid further hijack, thanks!