I've heard that plugging a microphone into the amp your guitar is in may damage the amp. Is this true?
We're all in the gutter.

(But some of us are looking at the stars.)
Yes it is.
Why?
Guitar amp = for guitars.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
probably due to the difference in frequency. speakers might be damaged. i've tried it before. it sounds very weak and thin.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I've got an old Gorilla CG25 that my wife uses with a mic for singing when she plays piano . Hasn't hurt it. I see no reason why vocals should hurt a guitar amp unless maybe you're Barry White, then you should use a bass amp.
Quote by fly135
I've got an old Gorilla CG25 that my wife uses with a mic for singing when she plays piano . Hasn't hurt it. I see no reason why vocals should hurt a guitar amp unless maybe you're Barry White, then you should use a bass amp.

Yeah i also had no problems to do that...
What kind of voice could damage a guitar amp??
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
Yeah, you can stick vocals through an amp. How could you possibly damage it when a guitar has a larger frequency range than a normal human voice?
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by Necronomicon
the only damage i could see happening is feedback and that can occur with guitars anyway.

Microphones do feed back more easily tho (at least I think so). I think they might also have different impedances, but I'm not sure if that matters at all.

Does anyone who says it'll do harm have any evidence or reasonable arguments why it might be bad?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
A persons amplified voice can in no way harm a guitar amp. That's just ridiculous.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION