I have been searching through the shelf of my local guitar shop and found two guitar packs which look good. I asked my friends about them and they told me that the ESP LTD is good-looking but the Yamaha Pacifica are very good guitars. Which is the best?

ESP LTD : http://olimpusmusic.com/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=26_63&products_id=39

Yamaha GigMaker Electric Guitar Pack : http://olimpusmusic.com/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=26_63&products_id=54
I AM IMAGINING THE FUTURE WARS... GUITAR WARS, EVERYONE HAS B.C RICH WARLOCKS THAT FIRE BULLETS AS FAST AS HELL.
I'm slightly biased, but the Yamaha is a really good guitar. Its definitely gig worth, which isn't something you can get out of a starter guitar too often! They make a great sound. Just make sure you throw out the amp they give you and get a slightly better one!
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
I'd go with the ESP, those guitars are awesome.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
esp may look fine and good

but the yamaha is decent

i had one as my first guitar years ago, still is my backup for the gigs, it's great

so go for the yamaha
Drum drum drum away!
According to Total Guitar, the Yamaha Pacifica 112V is THE best starter guitar money can buy, and goes way further than most. But if you want to play metal go with the ESP. I'd say the Yamaha was more versatile though. Try them out if you can...
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
both are agathis, so i think would depend on your style and the guitar's playability.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Yeah I'd like to play metal but both Rock and Metal are my favourites. Can ESP make a good sound for both Metal and Rock, and also the Yamaha Pacifica can make a good Metal and Rock sound or only Rock? The ESP has Humbuckers (Metal is preferibly played with humbuckers).
I AM IMAGINING THE FUTURE WARS... GUITAR WARS, EVERYONE HAS B.C RICH WARLOCKS THAT FIRE BULLETS AS FAST AS HELL.
Yeah it's true. Metal is perferably played with humbuckers but that doesn't mean you can't play Metal without Humbuckers. The Yamaha Pacifica is a really great guitar. You should get it.
Being a user of the Yamaha Pacifica 112 I just can't fault it. Great finish, great build quality, great tone/sound. Great, just great!! It even has a humbucker pick up and it's very easy to play. In a recent UK mag, last months Guitarist infact, they had a section called "Pimp my Pacifica". Basically it's a great guitar for a starter and once you have some experience and you're looking to upgrade, the Pacifica makes a great base to build from.

Get to a guitar shop have a play with both. I'll bet you'll go for the Pac.

BTW: I've also had a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Slash.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Really depends if you want to play with loads of Distortion or just a bit of crunch. The esp's humbuckers will allow you to have the distortion, but over all the Yamaha is probably a better instrument, but not as good for Metal and other stuff that uses lots of Overdrive.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
yamaha pacifica 112v, they just upgraded it, it even has coil tapping now
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
I had a Yamaha Pacifica 112 for my first guitar over 12 years ago, and I liked it so much that I bought another one after the original was stolen about 7 years ago. I also own an ESP KH-2, and I can go from the ESP to the Pacifica without a significant loss of playability or sound. I think the importance of pickups for a beginner is greatly exaggerated--the humbucker in the Yamaha will serve you just as well for metal as the one in the ESP LTD. Want proof? Here's one of my YouTube covers in which I'm playing my Pacifica through a POD 2.0. The tone sounds fine to me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=atww3H80SPA
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall 8100 "Valvestate" Head
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Please check out my guitar cover videos on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/killrbuckeye
I'm normally an ESP lover, but if I were you, I'd go for the yamaha
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Thanks ppl!!

SCORE TILL NOW :

ESP : 3 VOTES
YAMAHA PACIFICA : 10
I would go for the Pacifica 112 -- it has better tone wood (Alder) than the 012.

I think the Pacificas are more versatile because of the hss configuration and vintage whammy bar, whereas with the LTD you'll be getting two humbuckers.

See what is more comfortable when it sits in your lap, but I suspect you'll see that the Pacifica has more bang for the buck.

I would also consider a different starter amp -- starter packs are notorious for crappy amplifiers. A Roland Microcube (which is slightly better for metal) or a Vox DA5 (which has slightly better cleans & effects) would be a far better-sounding, more versatile choice, giving you a broader selection of amplifier models and effects to choose from.
I'm biased towards the Pacifica ... It's very versatile and the new 112v has coil tapping like mentioned above.

Edit: I HIGHLY recommend you to save for up for a 112v.
Last edited by CedricL at Jul 18, 2008,
yamaha pacifica 112v + roland cube = the only starter rig
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
starter packs suck. get a yamaha pacifica 112 and roland microcube.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I got that same ****ty starter pack and the only thing I had to add was a multi effects pedal. Either get that or the 112V Pacifica and Roland Cube like said.
not really saying which you should buy but played a pacifica 112v today through some peavey transtube amp and i have to say it sounded really good.

I owned the 612v model but it's in a different league really. Just one bit of advice play before you buy.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Sniperguitar
I have been searching through the shelf of my local guitar shop and found two guitar packs which look good. I asked my friends about them and they told me that the ESP LTD is good-looking but the Yamaha Pacifica are very good guitars. Which is the best?

ESP LTD : http://olimpusmusic.com/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=26_63&products_id=39

Yamaha GigMaker Electric Guitar Pack : http://olimpusmusic.com/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=26_63&products_id=54

The Yamaha is THE cheapest/crappiest Pacifica they make. It is made of agathis. Try shopping for a decent amp and maybe the next model up in the Pacifica line.
Quote by Dave_Mc
starter packs suck. get a yamaha pacifica 112 and roland microcube.

(I should look for a new smiley...)

Anyway, this is a great idea; the Yamaha Pacifica has good value for money and so does the Roland Microcube.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I have a pacifica 721 which is more in the 612v class. I have had it for 14 years and the sucker is a rock they definitely can take abuse. Even the fr licensed tremelo is pretty dang good(I blocked mine)
Quote by Bonsaischaap

(I should look for a new smiley...)

Anyway, this is a great idea; the Yamaha Pacifica has good value for money and so does the Roland Microcube.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
roland microcubes are definitely nice for starters, except for the fact that they go by preset tones and no equalizer. at least the ones ive seen are like that.