I've booked a stand at this years Music live at the NEC in Birmingham this November,
I've never done anything like this before. . . . . . .

I need some ideas how I can display the guitars, on the stand.

I cant attach anything to the backboard, only posters. The stand will be 3 meters x 1 meter.

Any ideas welcome!
this is kind of one of those things that should be thought up yourself, for sure. i would probably just build some nice guitar stands out of some nice looking wood, put a table or two, carpet it, lay a guitar on it with the guitar plugged into the amp, some tools ( a 6'' ruler displaying 32s to show action, an open cavity to show perfect soldering...) just show off what you do, maybe hang some necks and bodies by themselves.
Christ, that would scare the **** out of me! Congratulations though - it'll definitely be a worthwhile experience.

Are you able to get any previous buyers down? Get a few of them to head over with their guitars, even if it's only so that you've got someone to chill with.

Are you going to make any guitars in preparation for the event?
Quote by aaciseric
Oh wow i'm definately going to that again, what are you displaying exactly.

I'll be displaying about 8, maybe 9 guitars and probably be selling neck blanks! lol

Quote by -MintSauce-
Christ, that would scare the **** out of me! Congratulations though - it'll definitely be a worthwhile experience.

Are you able to get any previous buyers down? Get a few of them to head over with their guitars, even if it's only so that you've got someone to chill with.

Are you going to make any guitars in preparation for the event?

I'm ****ting myself! I've been talked into it by a friend of mine whos given me a lot of advice along the way relating to the guitars. He doesnt know much about building em but its good just to run options by someone who knows guitars well and I value his opinion. He'll be coming along with me for the 3 days too. He bought 2 guitars from me.

I'll be getting back 3 other guitars I made for people in Nottingham and then theres the Rhoads I'm just about to finish. Possibly another 2 I'm about to start working on too.

I'm ganna take a few part finished necks and bodys as well.

Quote by forsaknazrael
I would definitely hire some naked ladies.

That'd be cool but its a family show! lol
i though u could do some like sculpture kind of thing like holding the guitars, bright colours to contrast ur ususally natural finish that would look sik, dunno how ud make them maybe wooden frame with fibre glass. Kinda like this sculpture in the british museam u shuld check it out the museams free n u can see it as soon as u go it.
Attachments:
UG PIC.jpeg
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
ahh oh well maybe wen u gt the recognision u deserve then u could do that. Small budget eh how about guitar stands draped in like velvet (purple) would look quite cool.
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Thats really cool. Ive always wanted to go to music live. Do you plan on doing it every time now or just see how it goes this year?
Just call me Mr Sambo.....

Check out my profile for my covers!
Wow, I'll have to try and get there, I'd love to see your guitars in person!

I'll wear a name tag

But to aid, I'd just get some posters printed large (at a place like Pronta-print) stick'em to the back and stand your guitars on some regular ol' stands, maybe some laying on a table or something. I think in such a short time you won't get anything too flashy but to be honest your guitars are "flashy" enough to get you attention anyways!
Can you put a poster saying "Lol ***?" somewhere on your stand so we know your the guy from UG?
It always bugs me if there's a display like this but they won't let you go near the guitar and have to ask for special permission to play one. Try to set it up so there's maybe a little practice amp next to each one and some stools for people to sit on and play them. Also maybe you could sit there with one of your best models and play it and talk about its features. Do this and I guarantee you will get lots of lookers.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
get a couple of steps (probs 3 or more, depending on how many guitars you're showing) and just use your standard guitar stands on them
Yeah, im gonna have a little amp there to play through, pepole can play any they want (apart from the rosewood one! lol)