Page 1 of 4
What are some sequels (or trilogies) that have come out or are coming out that are pointless?

I personally theink Ace Ventura Jr is pointless
I remember liking Home Alone and Home Alone 2 when I was a kid, but then Home Alone 3 came out, and I was like, WTF, where's MacCulley Culken, THEN, a few years ago, I saw Home Alone 4, and just cringed...
Alien 3 onwards destroyed the franchise. But, I hear that James Cameron will come and rectify that by writing off Alien 3 and ressurection and making a new one that replaces them in the series.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Jaws was one film that definitely didn't need sequels.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Regression
There was a shrek 3?

Yes there was. I cried my eyes out too.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by rabidguitarist
Jaws was one film that definitely didn't need sequels.

Jaws 7 was okay...

AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Ironman.

After seeing what happened to the Spiderman series (everyone I know hated it after the first one) I don't want to see a kickass movie like Ironman get dropped into the gutter of shame!
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

I loved Bruce Almighty but I didn't even bother to see Evan Almighty as it looked incredibly bad
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by cam_sampbell
I loved Bruce Almighty but I didn't even bother to see Evan Almighty as it looked incredibly bad

Evan Almighty was actually really good
Quote by cam_sampbell

Same here

Also, George of the Jungle...first movie was incredible!

The second one, without Brendan Fraser those films are nothibng!!
Plus, all the animals got replaced by really crappy CGI
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by Shard Heilia
Donnie Darko...they're making a sequel to it. D=

Eh?

Didn't Donnie die? (lol, alliteration)
They'd either have to make some kind of prequel, or have someone other than Donnie in it, hence making it not 'Donnie Darko' but 'Some kid with mental problems and stuff'

They'd be best of just making another similar film, but distancing it completely from DD, because otherwise it just won't live up to expectations
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by Shard Heilia
Donnie Darko...they're making a sequel to it. D=

yes indeed cant believe they are making a sequel of it.
Such type of movies arent made for sequels.
Caddyshack 2 was a big disappointment for me.
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
They should've stopped after Star Wars V, just the be the most annoying cliffhanger ever.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by last-1s-out
They should've stopped after Star Wars V, just the be the most annoying cliffhanger ever.

They should've stopped Star Wars in pre-production.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017
They should've stopped Star Wars in pre-production.

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
Saw 2-5 are unnecessary. And I'm not sure if the first one was, either.

The first Saw was greatness cuz you didnt know what to expect goin into the movie, the other ones are just bullshat cuz you know what to expect already, and that is: traps and plot twists.
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
Quote by cam_sampbell

It wasn't anything like bruce, but it was still alright!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by GuitarMan1977

I personally theink Ace Ventura Jr is pointless

tell me its not true!!!! you liar!!!
Battle Royale.
Rambo: First Blood
Predator
and The Godfather didn't need part 3.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
(Insert favorite disney childhood movie) For me it would be the lion king, heck all of those old disney movies I liked when I was 4-5
Quote by SOMETHINGSOAD
(Insert favorite disney childhood movie) For me it would be the lion king, heck all of those old disney movies I liked when I was 4-5
The Lion King was dreadful. It's a classic example of Disney taking an old story (in this case Hamlet) and shitting it up by using horrible anthropomorphism and clichéd songs.
Quote by _Mayday_
Rocky

lol

The Rocky sequels are better than the first one. Except for the streetfighting one, that one blows.

Quote by smb
The Lion King was dreadful. It's a classic example of Disney taking an old story (in this case Hamlet) and shitting it up by using horrible anthropomorphism and clichéd songs.

Disney > Shakespeare, obviously.
Last edited by CrazyDavey at Jul 18, 2008,
All Disney movie sequels are crap.
The first one is always good and then they mess it up and make like 3 more movies.
Remember Land Before Time?
The first one is actually not bad and it has some good artwork done in it but they had to go **** it up by making like 10000 more.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
I like you and you are special

Quote by perry589
I don't wank. I auto fellatio.

+1 to smb's criticism of disney movies. Seriously, is it really necessary to create stories based around stories that have been done before? Like kind of off topic, but do we really need more Jesus figure archetypes, and some sort of evil that represents human sin and corruption. The world doesn't like nice guys. We get it. New story please.

also.

The Dark Knight...

Yeah. I hated it.
Page 1 of 4