I don't know if this is the right place for this or not.

Anyhow, who here currently plays gigs in a band, jams in band or plans to play in a band.

Me? I'm hoping to play/jam in a band in the new year, with a view to gigging, maybe even a U2 Tribute band, we'll see.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Je suis rhythm guitarist for Metallogy. April was 1 year for us.
We've played many...lost count after 11.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Currently in a band with my brother and two other guys.

Next week we'll be recording for the first time, and in a studio too. I'm excited.

Now if only we could agree on a name...
I pretty much have a jam band thats trying to find a bassist and start our own stuff.

We recorded a few crappy covers, but the quality came out really bad so we shun those.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
joining a band pretty soon. their lead guitarist really could never jam with them so i will be taking over for him in the near future.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
I'm in a band called Chasing Shadows :]

A group of 14/15 year olds.
We aren't half bad.. the drummers still learning though.

We're planning on gigging once the drummer gets a few decent beats down.
Not atm but i'm soooo bored of not being i put loads of ads up in like every music shop in my area. Silly man at my local guitar shop said i'd have offers b4 the end of the week. I just got myself a new guitar and i just feel like i have so much music stuff but no1 to share it with. I've been really at it at the guitar lately. I think i've probably come on more this last week or 2 than the preceeding 6 months! I've been concentrating on my drums more 'coz i just started playing them.

Hellz bellz i do natter on!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
i play in an all girl band called Down The Psycho Path
were all fairly young,13/14
and the drummer/rythym guitar are still learning
were gonna get some records out once they are decent enough
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
i do vocals for a band thats mainly influenced by iwrestledabearonce, bring me the horizon, august burns red, a sentence to silence, and symphony in peril

HARDXCORE
lulz xD
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ParamoreMadXD

All girl bands.. do you play metal.. or is it more like.. "wooo i love you McFlyy!!" sort of songs?

Cause if its an All Girl Metal Band.. Dayummm.. You guys own :]
Quote by ParamoreMadXD

My friend, you are and always will be learning. No matter how good you are, there's always new stuff 2 learn m8.

Quote by Chasing Shadows

Cause if its an All Girl Metal Band.. Dayummm.. You guys own :]

Her username is "paramoremadXD" and her avatar is "blink 182". That should tell you a lil bit.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Jul 18, 2008,
I play in a band thats influenced by The Breeders, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, The Ramones, and Black Flag
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
I play with a group of friends that does various open mic's, mostly playing jazz blues and jam rock.

I'm also the lead guitarist of an Early Soundgarden cover band, called Comin' At Ya! We're still rehearsing and have six songs down (including Circle of Power, once we get another 4 or so we'll be ready to start gigging.
i have a band with a friend and he thinks he is playing heavy metal, but actually he is playing pop rock or psycodellic and in this moment i am trying to find a pop punk band
i played bass in a band, called the trippin lil jessies, (i didnt name the band) for 3 years. we had a minor recording contract made a cd, it sold weakly, and then we had a "vh-1 behind the music moment" and the band broke up. i swore i`d never touch a guitar again. well here i am touching a guitar, writing on a guitar forum. and happier than a pig in sh##.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I play in a funk band called FreeFall. We've been together for three or four years, we're all 17/18, we gig a couple of times a month (more during summer) and we've released an album (locally).
My "main" band I guess is more recently formed than my other band, but we play more seriously. It's me on guitar, my brother on drums, and his friend on bass and vocals. It's a pretty sweet band; we do a lot of older stuff.

My other "band" is me on guitar, my friend on bass, my bro on drums, and my other friend on rhythm guitar. It's an ok band, but we don't play a lot.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
i play in a band but we don't do jack shi t. i have a bunch of awesome riffs just waiting to be played but we never practice
Im in a prog/power/symphonic metal band, we're all 14/15, but the drummer cant double kick very well yet , were gonna start playing gigs once me and the bass player get bigger amps and finish some more songs