Page 1 of 2
Recently, I've been more exposed to people who have bad relationships with their parents, which got me thinking, why?

I love my parents and imo, they are the best parents ever.

Anyway, how do you feel about your parents. Do you like them? Hate them? Indifferent?

Also, WHY is your relationship with your parents the way it is? Are they alcoholics? Are you a selfish little brat? etc etc.

And here we GO!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
They're pretty cool and I love them.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I sound so gay!!!
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Mother: love her to bits, she's stronger than all of us and has been through a hell of alot. sure, i have to support her sometimes but shes brought my and my brother up pretty much single handedly when my dad left, putting up with ****ty jobs and the like

dad: haven't spoken to him properly in years and years. couldn't care less.

stepdad: i consider him my real dad, he's laid back and he's there when i need him!

and they let me pretty much live my own life these days, aslong as i pay my board and do some work around the house when i'm off i'm pretty much left to it!

they don't even care when i come home at 3am aslong as i'm alive!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
love my mom to death ... hate my dad....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
well my folks just said its ok to sleep at my girlfriend's house as long as we dont leave any burning candles or cigarettes
i have no sig
The relationship is all good. No problems really.

My mum is the greatest and I jam with my Dad a fair bit.
i dont see my dad which im glad of and i wish i didnt see my mother. oh well
This is why we are all on UG. Bad Dads!

Mum: Great, see her every now and then, went to see Santana with her recently.
Dad: See him occasionally, he's alright, bit boring though. Didn't see him for 4 years once.
Both of them are awesome.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
I get along with them both but my Mum's one of my best friends. Sometimes I really dislike my Dad due to outdated view on things and all 3 of us are stubborn so that's never very useful.

I don't know what I'd do without my Mum at all.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Mom: See her all the time. Love her. But she is also Stalin (Post above)

Dad: Lives in a different state.
My mother is hateful, vindictive and spiteful....she has anger problems and takes them out on everyone around her, whilst never admitting fault herself

I don't really like her all that much
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Mine are pretty cool. Although they do get on my nerves at times - Particularly my dad when he goes off on a moaning spree.
I have a good relationship with my parents, they're both supportive of whatever I do and I love them for it.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
hate mine!

we own a restaurant and they just fired me cause my sister was being a bitch and i told them how she was yelling at everyone and how all the other employees wanted to quit because of her

and since i called her a bitch i got fired
my dad only calls on me for favors like driving and stuff...sad..he lives in another town close by with his wife..and my mom is just annoying but leaves me alone most of the time..and her husband is a dick..
Quote by whatamidoinhere
My mother is hateful, vindictive and spiteful....she has anger problems and takes them out on everyone around her, whilst never admitting fault herself

I don't really like her all that much

I hear ya bro
Quote by GuitarMan1977
hate mine!

we own a restaurant and they just fired me cause my sister was being a bitch and i told them how she was yelling at everyone and how all the other employees wanted to quit because of her

and since i called her a bitch i got fired

You don't hate them and quit bitchin'

You'll find another job.
My parents are pretty cool but on occasions embarassing..

I'm just really different from them though.

EDIT: My dad also has a ridiculously short temper, which I have inherited.
My mother's dead. My father can't find a job and has been doing odd-jobs to make ends meet for himself. I live with my Grandfather... who.... is very, very mean.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by Punkable_Tabs
You don't hate them and quit bitchin'

You'll find another job.

uh yeah i do

and yeah i found another job

still hate them though
mother: seriously, i cant take her. she is over protective, and wont let me do anything. ****, all she cares about is me becoming "successful" in life, like going to university etc etc. I've become tired of that and now i don't listen to what she says, because she expects way too much. she treats me like im f*cking
Quote by GuitarMan1977
uh yeah i do

and yeah i found another job

still hate them though

You hate them because they fired you because you called your sister a "bitch"?

Or is there some other reason?
Mom's ok, but we don't always get along. We're complete opposites in personality and thought processes, which makes my life REALLY difficult sometimes. She's also quite the hypocrite.
Dad's generally cool, though he gets mad for no good reason and it takes him a good 24 hours to cool off. We're more alike than me and my mom, though, so we communicate better.
I move out in less than a month, thankfully. I've just about had it with life here. I have a fair amount of freedom, but only the illusion of privacy.
I haven't seen my father for a decade. I didn't get on well with my mother as a teenager. As a lecturer of mine once said "happiness varies in proportion with distance from parents"
Quote by bassbrotha
mother: seriously, i cant take her. she is over protective, and wont let me do anything. ****, all she cares about is me becoming "successful" in life, like going to university etc etc. I've become tired of that and now i don't listen to what she says, because she expects way too much. she treats me like im f*cking

same.
i am16 and she treats like i am 8.
thats the reason of the week

it seems like there is a new one every week

but this week thats the reason
I can stand my dad. He actually helps me. And lets me help him work on our project car. And gets me cool things. And is supportive of my guitar playing and other ventures.

It's my STEPMOTHER that's the problem. She spoiled her kids rotten after her husband died, so they have NO DISCIPLINE. She has an 18 year old son who, when he doesn't get what he wants, throws a tantrum like a 2 year old and breaks things. Her 22 year old daughter talks down on everyone and thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Example:
My stepbrother turned 16 two years ago, and the parents go car shopping. Normally the first car limit in the family is $2,000 max. But wittle cry baby over here decides he wants a pimped out 240SX with custom rims on it for, oh, $8,000!!!!!

I turn 16 in a week. We already got my car. My dad knows i'm an Audi fanatic like him (he raised me that way) so we shop for an older model Audi. We found a 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro. So we go look at it, it runs great (even with 203k miles on it) and doesn't have any noticable damage. I didn't want it, however; I wanted an MX-6 we were looking at that had a body kit, didn't look riced out, and was only $1,800.

This is where the stepmother comes in: She BRIBES my dad with SEX to buy me the Audi. Dad, being the whipped man that he is, takes it.

So now I have a 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro, with 203k miles, and guess what? Dad forgot to check under the chassis! It's got a hole in the exhaust that makes it sound like a fartcan! And the engine header is warped! Guess what that totals up to in repair costs? Oh, only $2,000. And my stepmother expects me to pay that back to them. I'M 15, I CAN'T EVEN GET A FUCKING JOB, HOW IN THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY THAT BACK TO THEM!?

Long story short: Stepmother is a two-timing wh0re. I've got their future divorce papers in my dresser. And I think she gave birth to Satan himself.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

mother: seriously, i cant take her. she is over protective, and wont let me do anything. ****, all she cares about is me becoming "successful" in life, like going to university etc etc. I've become tired of that and now i don't listen to what she says, because she expects way too much. she treats me like im f*cking 7, no joke. like once she heard i skiped one class to hang out with freinds, and she f*cking cried. like wtf?? just one class (by the way i get straight 80's so i dont see a problom). and once i came home drunk from a party and she took me to counsling. like seriously, WTF, I'm in f*cking highschool, i drink at parties and sometimes smoke, but nothing more. damn i hate her, i dont care if people say "you cant hate your mother", because if thats what you say, that means you havent met her

My dad: lol after that rant up there, my dad is preety cool.

edit: sorry my computer glitched and i have half my post above, sorry guys, delete it if it has to be

edit edit: while im at it, you guys have any ideas of how to make my mother less parronoied??
Last edited by bassbrotha at Jul 18, 2008,
Quote by GuitarMan1977
thats the reason of the week

it seems like there is a new one every week

but this week thats the reason

Expected answer = -1
Quote by Snap017
I can stand my dad. He actually helps me. And lets me help him work on our project car. And gets me cool things. And is supportive of my guitar playing and other ventures.

It's my STEPMOTHER that's the problem. She spoiled her kids rotten after her husband died, so they have NO DISCIPLINE. She has an 18 year old son who, when he doesn't get what he wants, throws a tantrum like a 2 year old and breaks things. Her 22 year old daughter talks down on everyone and thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Example:
My stepbrother turned 16 two years ago, and the parents go car shopping. Normally the first car limit in the family is $2,000 max. But wittle cry baby over here decides he wants a pimped out 240SX with custom rims on it for, oh, $8,000!!!!!

I turn 16 in a week. We already got my car. My dad knows i'm an Audi fanatic like him (he raised me that way) so we shop for an older model Audi. We found a 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro. So we go look at it, it runs great (even with 203k miles on it) and doesn't have any noticable damage. I didn't want it, however; I wanted an MX-6 we were looking at that had a body kit, didn't look riced out, and was only $1,800.

This is where the stepmother comes in: She BRIBES my dad with SEX to buy me the Audi. Dad, being the whipped man that he is, takes it.

So now I have a 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro, with 203k miles, and guess what? Dad forgot to check under the chassis! It's got a hole in the exhaust that makes it sound like a fartcan! And the engine header is warped! Guess what that totals up to in repair costs? Oh, only $2,000. And my stepmother expects me to pay that back to them. I'M 15, I CAN'T EVEN GET A FUCKING JOB, HOW IN THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY THAT BACK TO THEM!?

Long story short: Stepmother is a two-timing wh0re. I've got their future divorce papers in my dresser. And I think she gave birth to Satan himself.

get rid of her.
My Folks rule. They pretty much let me do everything, and we help each other out a lot to.
Page 1 of 2