Hey i made my first 3 recordings and i posted them on my profile.

I used Audacity as I am cheap

And these recordings are rough drafts and are of me playing only for now as I am in the process of forming a band. Critique mine and I'll critique yours

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MachinegunKelly/music/all/play364894
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Last edited by MachinegunKelly at Jul 18, 2008,
Hah, like 'tallica much?

Demo1 is pretty much a hybrid of many songs on MOP + Fight fire with fire riff gone wrong
and Demo2 is like the missing track off Kill em all + the seek & destroy riff gone wrong :p

Interesting though, its good you like the old 'tallica material.
does that mean they are bad though? I mean besides the messups do you think the songs have potential?

oh yea old 'tallica pwns
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Oh that certainly doesnt mean their bad, it means you've got good taste. =) I think if those tracks had some good drumming behind them, and possibly better recording quality, they'd be pretty solid... I just dont know if you'd get away with the similarity :p
ok cool thanks for listening. i just need to figure out how to get some drumming in.
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Pretty nice stuff... I'm also a huge fan of old Metallica, so this stuff appeals to me. It's got kind of your own touch to it as well, which is good! I see the fetus of a riffmaster in you It's just too bad there are no drums, or that the recording quality isn't that good, because I really feel that these songs have potential, and they could be so much more with better quality.

If you have money: buy a Line6 Toneport and some kind of drum software like EZdrummer. I actually think EZdrummer is very good, just listen to Devin Townsend's Ziltoid project, made entirely by EZdrummer. (I don't use EZdrummer cuz I can't afford it but from samples I've heard it sounds great!)

If you don't have money: Steal the things mentioned above.

With that equipment you could get very good quality on your recordings... and I don't think the price will surpass $300 even!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5