Hey peoples!

So my old amp, a zoom fire 18, died recently in a freak accident, and I need a replacement. I liked the zoom; lotsa effects, amp models, 5 way EQ and a chromatic tuner.

But now I need a replacement, so I'm wondering are there any better amps I could get instead of another zoom. I play rock and metal mostly, but also like a good clean with delay. I play Tool mostly.

So i've a budget of around 150 euro, which is around 200 dollars. So amp suggestions? I heard the roland 20X was good. Or would I be better off getting a cheap ass amp and an effects unit?

Cheers in advance
Last edited by MossyMan at Jul 18, 2008,
maybe a roland cube 30? the cube 20 doesn't have the amp models which the 30 has, and they're generally the main reason why the cube is recommended so much...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i had a fire 18

best SS i ever played

youre not going to get a tube metal amp for that price so cube ftw
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Cube 30 and you may not need the Zoom. Listen to Dave Mc, he's giving you good advise.
i haven't tried the zoom amp, but if this is only for practice, i'd rather have a microcube than a cube 20.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
some of the peavey transtube amps sound totally amazing for good distorted tones, you might be able to find a used one for 200 somewhere
fender makes great sounding amps, my friend has one, its great! alot better than my little 10 watt cheap-o amp
I would have said a Rowland Cube aswell. Comes with Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Acoustic, Classic, Metal, and another type of effect.