http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=601208&songID=6729528

Not really looking for songwriting crits, because I wrote it in 5 minutes to be as generic metalcore as possible so I could focus on recording more.
While I'm bandless (RIP The Lowest Common Denominator/This Tortured Machine ) I'm focusing on honing my production to an absoloute tee, so anything mixwise that you don't like, and I mean really stupid little ****ing nitpicks, just say.
It all comes down to the nitpicks at this sort of level.
Rip my mix apart, go onnn.

5150mkII miced up with an Shure SM57, on axis, pointed where the dustcap and the rest of the speaker meet.

Bass is pitchshifted guitar through Peavey Revalver 3, Basic 100 amp Model, Bass and Deep switches on.

Vocals -> Shure SM57.

Drums -> Addictive Drums

Yamaha UW500 interface used for everything

Before you say the kick drum's too quiet, I know, I'll update it later, but I'm off out in a bit.

C4C of course. Leave your links with your replies :]
hm...the solo towards the end could have been more up front, it sounded a little weak even with the 'verb.

and I don't know about panning the different growls all the way left and right, if they weren't all the way panned, then slap me, but they sounded it.

um, that was pretty complete sounding for 5 minutes work, sure repetative, but some bands release more repetative sh*t than that, so...yea...good job, lol.

check out mine, not nearly as complete, or of similar recording quality...oh well
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912622
Quote by irongolem85
hm...the solo towards the end could have been more up front, it sounded a little weak even with the 'verb.

and I don't know about panning the different growls all the way left and right, if they weren't all the way panned, then slap me, but they sounded it.

um, that was pretty complete sounding for 5 minutes work, sure repetative, but some bands release more repetative sh*t than that, so...yea...good job, lol.

check out mine, not nearly as complete, or of similar recording quality...oh well
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912622

Thanks for your comments.
I'm still wrestling with lead tones. I'm not much of a lead player, and I don't really dial lead tones in much. Any suggestions for it?

And theres only a few places where the growls are panned out. But it's L50 and R50.
"In the name of your false idols", etc is one of those parts. Almost all of the rest of it is dead center over dead center and never more than 2 tracks at once, about 6 tracks altogether though.
If it ALL comes across as panned then I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing, but I do sort of think that when they are panned out, it eats up my carefully worked out stereo imagery. During the "in the name of.." part, theres a big stereo delay send that gets turned on for the guitars and eats up loads of the stereo image. It might well be a good idea to pan those back to center. Thought never occured to me before.

Carl6661 Overall, a very good song!

Your vocals are awesome! (:

I don't know too much about mixing, but if anything. This has been done very well!
The only problem I can find is what you said about the kick drum!

As a song, oveall, 7/10!

Cheers man, I fixed the kick drum and I'll be uploading the newer mix soon.

I'll get around to checking your track tomorrow probably golem, I'm off to go get ready, then off to a festival to get utterly wasted. Funtimes.

Cheers both
This is a very powerful mix. I'm wondering if you have been mastering your own stuff? If you have, you seem to have done a pretty good job of making the riffs in your face, if only for a bit of sacrifice in the drum sound. Sounds a little squashed on the drums, especially the snare in places.

My initial thoughts were that the rhythm guitars were too loud, but I think this just works with the genre. Maybe dial them and it will give you more room to bring up the bass and lead.

Care to crit my band's song/my and my brother's mixing and mastering?
EDIT: Link would help.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=913412
Quote by fleaflicker182
This is a very powerful mix. I'm wondering if you have been mastering your own stuff? If you have, you seem to have done a pretty good job of making the riffs in your face, if only for a bit of sacrifice in the drum sound. Sounds a little squashed on the drums, especially the snare in places.

My initial thoughts were that the rhythm guitars were too loud, but I think this just works with the genre. Maybe dial them and it will give you more room to bring up the bass and lead.

Care to crit my band's song/my and my brother's mixing and mastering?
EDIT: Link would help.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=913412

Thanks man, and yeah I have been, but I use mastering in a very loose sense.
I got Bob Katz's book Mastering: The Art and the Science but I'm dumb as a post and it's gone right over my head.

The drums are fairly compressed in the mixdown, but not overly so, but I do keep them relatively compressed to keep the levels constant on the kick and snare.
I'm wrestling to try and get a more natural and big sounding snare sound.

"Maybe dial them and it will give you more room to bring up the bass and lead."
Dial them? :P Not making much sense there bud.

and sure, I'll check it out now.