So i have been deciding between these two guitars for quite some time now as my second option guitar cause i sold my Squier Strat. (Epi 1966 G-400, and the Epi 1958 Explorer) and i had my mind pretty much set on the G-400 for the last month or so. well it was out of stock online and my local guitar center cant just get stuff in stock no matter what......so i was gunna wait til when it was in stock (today) to get it for the $299.99 dollar discount price tag. now its been bumped back up to $399.99 and they moved the instock date until August 20th...im like wtf. so i guess ill just have to wait or just get the Epip Explorer as my other guitar. o what shall i do..
the explorer is extremely nice, but the pickups are a bit microphonic. The SG is light weight and a bit faster. The Ex has a warmer sound. its up to you. there both good
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
the explorer is extremely nice, but the pickups are a bit microphonic. The SG is light weight and a bit faster. The Ex has a warmer sound. its up to you. there both good

i kinda want the SG a little more b/c i already have a LP which has similar sounds to the EX but i cant seem to get my hands on one
Can you afford the G400? If you can, get it. If not, get the Explorer! Problem solved!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Can you afford the G400? If you can, get it. If not, get the Explorer! Problem solved!

the explorer is more than the SG ...i can afford both lol.

but will not be able to try out either one before putting some money down...b/c i would have to special order it into guitar center, or just buy it online
I own that sg,and it is badass,basically a gibson with different tuners,dif pickups(i believe),and its made in china.But unlike every other epi sg,IT HAS A FULL PCIKGUARD!!AWESOMENESS!!

wait and itl be worth it.
meh
I thought G-400's went for $349? They're both nice guitars, get which one you think would fit you better.

EDIT: Oh, it's the '66 G-400.
Quote by get ta led out!
I own that sg,and it is badass,basically a gibson with different tuners,dif pickups(i believe),and its made in china.But unlike every other epi sg,IT HAS A FULL PCIKGUARD!!AWESOMENESS!!

wait and itl be worth it.

wait..unless the further delay the time frame for them being "in stock"
dude FYI chances are ur playin metal kinda stuff and the ESP EX 400 is better than the Epipi explorer by miles so if u decide u want an explorer than look at those vary good even to me and i have vary high standards
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Get the Epiphone prophecy...... I know it's more expensive but still....

you can chose between EMG's and Dirty Finger pickups
Quote by sandman-105
dude FYI chances are ur playin metal kinda stuff and the ESP EX 400 is better than the Epipi explorer by miles so if u decide u want an explorer than look at those vary good even to me and i have vary high standards

actually im not playing metal but the explorer would be used for some rock stuff i play(ie: foo fighters). ill probly end up doing a pup & tuner swap eventually anyway

Quote by imafool18
Get the Epiphone prophecy...... I know it's more expensive but still....

the epiphone prophecy is f*ck @ss ugly imho.
Last edited by AJS19 at Jul 18, 2008,
AJS19 check your PM's
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"