Hey, MTers. I'm not good at all with figuring out time signatures, and I need some help figuring out the time signature(s) in this song.

Peanut Buddah - Ohm

I'll throw out what I've gotten so far. The intro seems to be in 4/4 (I just guessed and check by counting). Is there any indicator on the time sigs based on what the drums are doing? I have a wild guess that the "denominator" for the time sig during the verse-esque parts is 8? Does anyone want to hold my hand as I try to figure this out?

yea it sounds like the beggining is in 4/4, but then it sounds like it might be in 5/8, idk thats a really weird. But yea, you can usually tell by listening to the drums and counting it out to tell what the time is.
I only checked for a few bars because it hurts my head to think about, but I think the verse part is in 15/16.

I counted in 8ths but just halved the last beat.

Edit; nevermind
Last edited by Eirien at Jul 18, 2008,
The beginning is solidly in 4/4. The verse part sounds to me like it's a measure of 4/4 alternating with a measure of 7/8, like The Ocean.
Hmm. I just counted 4/4 alternating with 7/8 and it didn't quite work. Can someone else try too, please?

7/8 seems to be a nice fit. Once again, I ask that someone else also tries it lol.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Hmm. I just counted 4/4 alternating with 7/8 and it didn't quite work. Can someone else try too, please?

7/8 seems to be a nice fit. Once again, I ask that someone else also tries it lol.
Unappreciative bastard.

I'd just like to add, though, these guys are epic. Time for some downloading...