One is mahogany with a a quilted maple top, the other is alder. The Mh has a thin u neck, the M has an extra thin u neck. The Mh is available without the trem, the M is not.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.
Yeah what they said
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Ok, thanks. Then I'll go for the M because of the extra thin neck. I tried it a couple of days ago
Quote by Noskool
Ok, thanks. Then I'll go for the M because of the extra thin neck. I tried it a couple of days ago

Jez... just how thin is enough for you people. I have small hands and even the MH-1000 neck (should be the same thickness with 400 series...) was kinda too thin for my taste already :p But. Whatever feels best in your hand is what you should get.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jul 19, 2008,
Thin necks are a bit overrated in my opinion... thin doesn't always mean comfortable, and it's not necessarily "faster" if it's not comfortable. I don't have large hands and I can feel a bit of exhaustion after playing long sessions on thin necks (ibanez for example). Somewhere around Strat/PRS is what I've found to be the most comfortable, and as a result the "fastest". My guess is that with a mahogany body and EMG 85 in the neck (I think it's completely ridiculous to put a high-output bridge pickup like the 81 in the neck postion), the MH probably sounds a lot better than the M too.
Actually, the extra thin u is not nearly as thin as your average ibanez. And while it may not be the MOST versatile guitar in the world, I prefer the M because of the alder. Besides the fact that I think it looks way better. And no, I don't own one, but I've wanted one for years, and have played several different ones over those years.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.