Ok. So I'm going to buy a new guitar. I play mostly metal, metalcore, all that stuff (As I Lay Dying; Born of Osiris; Bring Me The Horizon; Bullet For My Valentine; Darkest Hour; Oh, Sleeper) to name a few. I mostly play in Drop C tuning but sometimes Drop B. I guess i would say I'm an intermediate player since I can tap (omfg no way!!!), solo pretty well, and do sweep picking.

Anyway, I wuz looking at an ESP MH-400 guitar.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516684

About $700. Which is basically my price range. If there is a better guitar for my style for that price and that also has (good pickups, tremolo, 24 frets) then please tell me. Also I'm not sure if I need the trem. I heard its a real pain to change strings and to tune, but I still want it.

Oh and one more thing. I have a roland cube 15x. is that good enough of an amp for that guitar?

thx in advance.
get a godin freeway emg...even though they are discontinued on musicians friend...they have emg's and they rule at metal..
is this ur first guitar with a trem cause if so make sure u bring it to like a guitar shop so they can show u the basics of keep a trem good and working cause more than likely it will be set up for Standard tunnin and u cant just change tunings on a tremolo equipped guitar cause then u will have to reset up everything which can be a pain in the ass and if ur a noob at the trems DONT EVEN TRY TO SET IT UP cause then u could completely fuc k it all up trust me on that
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
"Ok. So I'm going to buy a new guitar. I play mostly metal, metalcore, all that stuff (As I Lay Dying; Born of Osiris; Bring Me The Horizon; Bullet For My Valentine; Darkest Hour; Oh, Sleeper) to name a few. I mostly play in Drop C tuning but sometimes Drop B. I guess i would say I'm an intermediate player since I can tap (omfg no way!!!), solo pretty well, and do sweep picking."

Hate to break it to you but none of those listed bands are metal.
ESP Also makes a Hardtail version of that guitar, and i would suggest that over a trem guitar. You may want a floyd to play with, but after a while the novelty wears off unless you play music like Vai or other heavy users of the Tremolo. I Dont really see a trem as necassary for the bands you listed, so i think the stoptail would be more appropriate. It took me half an hour to retune my Ibanez the first time i did it, and that was just because one string was slightly out.

For the amp, the Roland cubes are really great but if you can, id save up a bit more and get the Cube 30. if you dont need the effects though, the 15 is fine.
get a better amp first
and get the ESP LTD MH400NT

its one of the best guitars ever made
perfect for metal and drop C
i have one and its amazing
Quote by Carrot
get a better amp first
and get the ESP LTD MH400NT

its one of the best guitars ever made
perfect for metal and drop C
i have one and its amazing

wow i can quote myself