i recently started playing drums and i gotta say its a hella of alot of fun, and there was a point where i considered going drums full time, but then i thought no.

so i was wondering have any of you taken up another instrument and ever considered giving up guitar for it?
"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked" - Jimi Hendrix
yeah whenever you start to play something else you always want to play that one instead of whatever else you play, happened when i picked up keyboard
Congratulations, you have finally reached the bottom rung of the ladder.

... I'm on the 2nd.

IT'S HAMMET TIME!
Quote by badders00
i recently started playing drums and i gotta say its a hella of alot of fun, and there was a point where i considered going drums full time, but then i thought no.

so i was wondering have any of you taken up another instrument and ever considered giving up guitar for it?

BLASPHEMY!!!

not really. well i play drums and bass...but i like guitar better.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
flute -> guitar -> trombone -> drums -> piano ->ummm i'm looking foward to violin and saxophone ... **i play all those instruments full time tho
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
flute -> guitar -> trombone -> drums -> piano ->ummm i'm looking foward to violin and saxophone ... **i play all those instruments full time tho

do you eat sleep or breath?
Once I got pretty good at bass I considered taking that up instead of guitar, then I listened to Zeppelin.
I think it's because when you are learning a new instrument, you are progressing extremely fast, and it's fun to see yourself improve.
i dont look at it like im giving up guitar for something else, i look at it like im adding a new instrument. i'll always play guitar, but i love to play bass and keyboards (though im horrible at keyboards) and sing. its never a bad thing to be more versatile.
Learning a new instrument and devoting a decent amount of time to it will help improve all areas of your musical abilities. Think of it as being well-rounded.
When I picked up guitar I gave up piano, but recently I got the urge to play it again so I don't think I'll ever completely give either up.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
i started on piano then went to drums, then trombone, then guitar, then bass, now sax, now im hoping to just learn the basics on my sisters flute, and im hoping to buy a violin.

i still play all of those listed above, everyday....
Quote by BluMetalPlayer
i started on piano then went to drums, then trombone, then guitar, then bass, now sax, now im hoping to just learn the basics on my sisters flute, and im hoping to buy a violin.

i still play all of those listed above, everyday....

you mister, are evil!
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Ænimus Prime
When I picked up guitar I gave up piano, but recently I got the urge to play it again so I don't think I'll ever completely give either up.

That was the same for me, except that now I play more piano than ever.

I think the instrument I'd most like to learn is drums. I know the basics and can come up with some pretty good ideas, but it's just so hard to focus on keeping all your limbs co-ordinated. When I have the time, space and money I'll learn properly.

Guitar will probably always be my main focus though.
Two flute players in hear nice. I never had an urge to play the flute but that guy from jethro tull incroporated it into rock music. Im sure youve heard tull but if not check that out.

Guitar will always be my main focus but i want to learn keyboard to help me with making solo projects and aslo to increase my theory knowlage. I gotta pick one up soon ive been wanting one for so long but I am scared to spend any money because oil is over 4.50 a gallon so its going to cost more than my mortguage to fill my oil tank this winter.