I wanna add weight to my SG because its neck heavy and it kind of bothers me, but I want to make it unnoticeable by looking at it. I also don't really have much of an idea on what to use. I was thinking I could add something to the back of the control plate but that sounds kind of stupid and I don't want it to interfere with sound, so any ideas UG?
SG's are just neck heavey, if you don't like that you should probably trade it in for somthing else
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
You can tape some weight to the strap on the butt end of the guitar. No alterations done to the guitar.
Alternatively, you could get a decent quality wide leather strap and this should keep the guitar balanced. It worked for me.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
You could move the strap button to a place that would give better balance, i'm not completely sure where that would be on an SG. But I would only do this if you have a good luthier around you who you trust drilling holes into your guitar.

Or you could add weights to back end of your strap like someone else mentioned. I haven't use any, but I imagine something like this would be good because you could just velcro it around your strap.

You don't necessarily have to get rid of the guitar.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
You could move the strap button to a place that would give better balance, i'm not completely sure where that would be on an SG. But I would only do this if you have a good luthier around you who you trust drilling holes into your guitar.

Or you could add weights to back end of your strap like someone else mentioned. I haven't use any, but I imagine something like this would be good because you could just velcro it around your strap.

You don't necessarily have to get rid of the guitar.

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Tie a brick to the rear strap peg!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
neck heavy guitars are a real pain. try attaching some small metal disks to the back, but you're probably gunna need to drillintot he guitar, which could kill some sustain if you're not careful. otherwise, if you're not fond of the guitar all together, sell it and buy something that doesn't have the neck sag. Or, if you don't mind a larger strap, a 3in leather strap should hopefully releave the sag somewhat.
i returned my sg because of this reason and i got a studio .. they have a 45 day exchange policy at samash .. i dont know where u bought it or how long ago u bought it
take it easy man .. its just a thread