The government
94 58%
PETA
68 42%
Voters: 162.
Page 1 of 2
lol Pigs shooting pigs.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Government ****ed up,PETA still crazy....
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Well, if there really are more humane methods to train their soldiers, then there's no good reason why this should go on. I'd be inclined to go further than that and say that they shouldn't be using animals in that way at all. I can see the benefits, but it's intuitive to me that it's cruel to cause pain to creatures that can feel it.
Quote by Nexium
Government ****ed up,PETA still crazy....

There seems to be no medium...
They could easily find something else to train soldiers for that rather than live pigs.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
This is kind of bad, unless of course they sell it to markets afterwards.
But PETA is actually listed as a terrorist organization for fire bombing animal testing labs and such.
No way I'll ever support them.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
shooting people would be much more beneficial if the goal is to train medics, would it not? perhaps those dirty sex offenders everybody seems to be worrying about...
for everyone that voted for peta...would you rather them use live humans, shoot them and treat them? do you guys honestly think the pain and death of pigs is of greater importance than the lives of soldiers?
i guess they could send them to hospitals and they could see how to treat gunshot wounds,but this works too.
a rare situation where i side with our butt**** government. only because the pigs wouldve been sold at giant eagle, thinly sliced anyway. and vegitarians suck. i havent eaten a vegetable in like two months
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Dwardom
This is kind of bad, unless of course they sell it to markets afterwards.
But PETA is actually listed as a terrorist organization for fire bombing animal testing labs and such.
No way I'll ever support them.

if peta were a terrorist organization, everyone affiliated with them would be arrested for terrorist activity, no?
I'm a vegetarian, and people are always like yeah PETA your with PETA? I'm just like you're crazy. I hate peta so much they are all deranged crazy and take things too far.
Quote by tona_107
if peta were a terrorist organization, everyone affiliated with them would be arrested for terrorist activity, no?

yeah but you got to realize, you can get an entire nation behind hating the idea of a specific kind of terrorist organization, like how islamic people are viewed as terrorists by the general public and its possible to attach a stigma to it because they are different. you cant get the entire nation to get behind the arrests of other americans in a group. case in point, look at the civil rights movement and how many people got away with all kinds of just wrong things.
straight edge party

hahahahahahahahah........ its an oxymoron

Originally posted by backup and lead
Freelance and by Freelance i mean self employed and by selfemployed i mean im a bum
Quote by gopherthegreat
At first I thought you said Gov't Mule were shooting pigs

Wait, they're not?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Joe-Fish
They could easily find something else to train soldiers for that rather than live pigs.

PETA members.
I think a better solution would be to go to our nation's prisons, ask for volunteers in exchange for reduced sentences/pardons. It's a win/win situation: Our corpsmen get training on humans, and less mouths to feed in our OVERCROWDED corrections system.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Quote by Paroxysm
PETA members.

well said.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I think this is a good way of doing it. If the pigs are under anesthetic (sp?) then they wouldn't feel anything anyway I mean if they did they they'd be turned to bacon right?
The "alternate and humane" methods would be total pieces of ****. Ever done CPR training on a dummy? I'm sure when you do have to do it their mouths will be clean and their bodies not covered in blood...Those methods wouldn't include problems like seizures or blood loss etc...

In otherwords PETA wrong, Government could be right.

Oh wait I'm British...
Ok, I'm all for proper animal treatment, but this is an exception. A human simulator won't die of an infection if improperly treated. An improperly treated pig will very clearly show how critical it is to correctly treat a gunshot wound. Wrapping a band-aid around a plastic leg with a hole in it should be left as a children's doctor game.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
I voted The Govt. because I automatically disagree with any organisation like PETA. ****ing hippies.
why dont they send the people in training to ride along on an ambulance for a few weeks?
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
So I guess its okay to slaughter pigs inhumanely in slaughterhouses for McDonalds, but shooting them for training isn't.

I think it's funny how this story gets publicity, but the slaughter houses that are 100x worse than this are shrugged off.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I'm sure if PETA cares sooooo much about those pigs, they can invent and finance a viable replacement for them.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
We could use murderers and rapists in prison for training. It would be more realistic at least.
Use gangs,skinheads,and Herman Li.

/thread.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
who gives a **** their pigs
as long as the meat doesnt go to waste im fine with it
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
It's an odd issue, because soldiers should experience how to stop something from dying, and with the pressure and suspense of the actual event; pigs have very similar bodies to humans and the training could save many lives.

But what bothers me is the amount of suffering the pigs will endure; obviously they won't be shot in a way in which they would die quickly, they'd be shot in the stomach, so the pig would be squealing and twitching - which is horrible - but I suppose that adds to the intensity of performing the task which is vital.

I'm really not sure, I'm only positive that I hate PETA.

FREDIT:

Quote by shift3448
who gives a **** their pigs
as long as the meat doesnt go to waste im fine with it

One thing you don't understand is, that the meat would be absolutely awful, since the pig is dying slowly it experiences all the pain and fear of it, adrenaline will be secreted hugely, making the meat tense and bitter.

Or the US army could do what the Japanese did in the Second World War for bayonet training: tie Chinese Coolies to trees and bayonet them; the Americans could do this exercise with Mexicans.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at Jul 18, 2008,
Quote by jables23092
shooting people would be much more beneficial if the goal is to train medics, would it not? perhaps those dirty sex offenders everybody seems to be worrying about...

That's a great idea, why waste perfectly good cyanide on death row inmates when they could be used for training!
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
I think the general consensus is they should shoot the PETA cunts and practice trying to save their lives. If they fail, oh well, and if they manage it, they probably wont be protesting again in a hurry.

Animal rights piss me off, they don't really have rights.
Animal cruelty for no reason is wrong, like a dog owner beating a dog because he can = not good, person is a sick individual, but when you are testing drugs that could eventually save millions of lives or practicing life-saving skills in a safe and controlled environment, then who cares?

It's better than soldiers going off to war and having to treat someone who's had their leg blown off, and theyre trying to think "What did the textbook say?", plus they would be desensitised to the sight of blood etc, and not panic and run off at teh first sight of blood.
Quote by jables23092

That would actually be a pretty good punishment, having rapists and murders shot once and then nursed by a completly untrained 22-year-old mamas boy
Page 1 of 2