I have a Parker p-44 as my main guitar
And I love the tones I get and all, but I think I could get better out of different pickups than the stock ones I have right now

Since the guitar has coil-tap, I'd prefer a pickup that could be tapped, but either way, it's cool
I also just recently found out that it uses passive pickups, and the battery port in the back is supposed to just be for the fishman piezo in the bridge

anyways, with prices, i'm pretty lenient with whatever can be offered, just so long as a pair of pickups don't go over a thousand or any ridiculous prices, it's cool with me

I want to get a really badass crunch out of my bridge pickup, but i want it to be smooth enough to be able to solo nicely as well
think a tom morello/steve vai/mike einziger/brian may/and that guy from journey's type of bridge tone

for the neck, I'd like a warm jazz tone with a big attack so i can still bust out a few hendrix tricks from time to time
and a very smooth lead tone as well

alot of my main influences, tone-wise, use strats or teles, or something with single coils, but they get monster tone and none of that annoying springy-ness

anyways, any suggestions would be great
I use a Carvin V3
and it delivers some luscious tones
I just think new pickups might improve upon it a bit
what's your budget? what pickup complement has that p44 got? is it the strat-style one?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
EMGs are awesome. The 81-TW and 89 make a good combo. They both have coil tapping.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Quote by dlabooda
EMGs are awesome. The 81-TW and 89 make a good combo. They both have coil tapping.

Ignore the fact that they would make a horrible choice for him.
indeed. plus, and i may be mistaken as i'm not too well up on parkers, i think that parker might be one with 3 single coils.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dimarzio PAF 36th Anniversary Set? (assuming that your Carvin oozes gain).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Dimarzio PAF 36th Anniversary Set? (assuming that your Carvin oozes gain).

My lead channel is REALLY ridden with gain
my rhythm channel for crunch has less gain, but a lot of bass and mids to carry out powerful single note riffs
then there's my clean channel, which i keep on the "soak" setting, since i like my cleans warm with a lot of attack and slightly distorted whenever i play loud and strike chords really hard

i love satriani, i think he uses PAF pickups?
i'll look into it, thanks
does your guitar have all humbuckers, or what?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man

Yep. 2 buckers, mahogany body, vintage style trem.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by chea_man

yeah
my p-44 model has two humbuckers
one neck and one bridge
+1 on the Dimarzio 36th anniv PAF.
you can also try Duncan Custom 5/59 set.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Bridge - Dimarzio Norton
Neck - Dimarzio Air Classic
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
would the dimarzio 36th anniv PAF in the neck and a dimarzio 36th anniv PAF bridge in the bridge be a good combo for the tones i'm after? with my V3?

and what's a vintage bobbin, btw?
oh wow
just looked into the air classic
now i'm not too sure which one to go for
the PAF 36th or the air classic? for the neck position

Which do you guys think would be better for what i'm looking for in a smooth lead tone?
Quote by parkerfly123
yeah
my p-44 model has two humbuckers
one neck and one bridge

thanks. what's your budget? you're in the states, i assume?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by parkerfly123
oh wow
just looked into the air classic
now i'm not too sure which one to go for
the PAF 36th or the air classic? for the neck position

Which do you guys think would be better for what i'm looking for in a smooth lead tone?

http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickuppicker/
This might help.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by parkerfly123
think a tom morello/steve vai/mike einziger/brian may/and that guy from journey's type of bridge tone

I found this funny...

I vote for Seymour Duncan Alnico II's!!!!!!!!!!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by parkerfly123
my budget is pretty lenient
lets say i'll max out at 300

you could probably get boutique pickups for that- stephens design, wolfetone, wcr etc. I'd look into those with that budget. I haven't tried them, though (i've tried some of the british boutique pickups, but with the weak dollar, their prices can be quite high).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?