i hav an epiphone les paul standard. currently, it has the stock alcino humbuckers that it had when i bought the guitar. well i think the time has come for me to upgrade my pickups. please give me some suggestions for which pickups to buy. include the price too please. i want to get a thick, full sound. i like jimmy pages tone a lot. its very full. i like playing classic rock, hard rock, some metal, and blues. unfortunately, i hav a line 6 spider III 75 watt amp (yes i kno it sucks but theres nothing i can do about that rite now). so please help me get a better sound from my guitar.

thanks
I'm not going to get into amp bashing. I don't care if you play your guitar through your smoke detector. But the bottom line is, you will not enjoy the benefits on new pickups on a solid state. Especially not that one. Again, I'm not attacking your amp. I have a Vox solid state and I wouldn't waste my money on pickups either.

Honestly, put it in a new amp fund.
Quote by imafool18
get Zakk Wylde EMG's....

For a set it's 208$

but they are awesome.

Or don't.
check out some seymor duncans
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by TheProducer
I'm not going to get into amp bashing. I don't care if you play your guitar through your smoke detector. But the bottom line is, you will not enjoy the benefits on new pickups on a solid state. Especially not that one. Again, I'm not attacking your amp. I have a Vox solid state and I wouldn't waste my money on pickups either.

Honestly, put it in a new amp fund.

thanks for the advice. im going to consider a new amp fund.
Good idea.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'm not going to get into amp bashing. I don't care if you play your guitar through your smoke detector.QUOTE]

i kinda lol'd at that one.
get a nice set of seymour duncans
Yeah Seymour Duncans, or you cant go wrong with EMG 81/85's Look for around $200
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by Scream And Fly
Duncan JB and Jazz. Best combo there is for rock.

Or JB and '59 :p
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R