Any experience with these strings. A guy up at Guitar Center told me they last long and the tone is great.

I got two sets of the Black Beauties for 21 US dollars.

Good deal or no?

I have yet to get my guitar stringed by the way.
A single pack cost me £11 ($22) they lasted maybe 2 months, which is a lot longer than I normally get, so that was good. Unfortunately they sound the same quality all the way through, and I thought it was mediocre. For the money I could have got 3 sets of DR standards, although it does save the hassle.
I got a set on my RG and the coat rubbs of pretty fast for me...
They also feel pretty different in my opinion, not bad just different.
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
Quote by minibrowny
A single pack cost me £11 ($22) they lasted maybe 2 months, which is a lot longer than I normally get, so that was good. Unfortunately they sound the same quality all the way through, and I thought it was mediocre. For the money I could have got 3 sets of DR standards, although it does save the hassle.

$22?! Damn!

I was going by this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/guitar-strings?N=100001+343588&Ntk=All&Ntt=dr+coated&Nty=1
Quote by LiveinBerkum
I got a set on my RG and the coat rubbs of pretty fast for me...
They also feel pretty different in my opinion, not bad just different.

Yeah the guy at GC kinda pushed them onto me. I asked about the Ernie Ball skinny top heavy bottoms and he threw a schecter at me with these DR coated strings. The color coat(What ever it is) Looked pretty thrashed. Not a big deal to me, but they did feel a little different.

My black beauties look amazing on my guitar though, just got them on.