When i play notes on the lower frets, especially on the low E and low A strings, i get buzz but when i play them openly there is no buzz unless i pluck it real hard. I got my Gibson a little over a month ago and haven't changed the strings yet if taht helps.
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Check your relief:

First, check your tuning. Affix a capo at the first fret and depress the sixth string at the last fret. With a feeler gauge, check the gap between the bottom of the string and the top of the 8th fret.

You should be able to get about a .5mm pick in there.
wat if i dont have a capo? and thx for quick reply
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Quote by MachinegunKelly
wat if i dont have a capo? and thx for quick reply

Just fret the 1st fret. The capo is only so you can have a hand free to measure.
o ok i just did that and the relief looks fine
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Quote by MachinegunKelly
o ok i just did that and the relief looks fine

Okay, so is it only on the lower fretted notes? Not really any buzz past the 7th or so fret? Any buzz when playing the open notes with a normal force?
yes it is only on lower fretted notes. pretty much no buzz after 7th fret. And no buzz on open string picking.
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Quote by MachinegunKelly
yes it is only on lower fretted notes. pretty much no buzz after 7th fret. And no buzz on open string picking.

Hmm, well that's usually a relief issue then. I guess I would try raising your action since there is not really any harm in trying.
ok thank you
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
well wait when i checked relief i could stick a 2 mm pick in there is that too much? sry i am noob at guitar technical stuff
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Quote by MachinegunKelly
well wait when i checked relief i could stick a 2 mm pick in there is that too much? sry i am noob at guitar technical stuff

Yeah, it should be 0.25-0.50 mm only, 2mm is a bit much.

BUT, while this would make it harder to play, it should pretty much kill any buzz. While there should be less relief, I don't think it's the problem. It's probably just the action. Raise it at the bridge.
**** it does buzz on frets higher then the 7th but only a little and its sporadic sry. does the action still need to be raised a little?
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
I have a Gibson Epiphone Acoustic. If you do too, i've noticed the strings buzz on most of them at the bottom frets no matter what you do. In my opinion, they are not very well made. The electric Epiphones do the same. I now shy away from low end Gibsons for exactly that reason, even if it can be adjusted.
i also forgot to say that the buzz started about a week or 2 ago sry i dont know if that matters or not.
Quote by StevoIRL

Gear

B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90