Poll: which one should be added?
Poll Options
View poll results: which one should be added?
Fender VI
22 31%
Mustang Bass
18 25%
Coronado Bass
2 3%
Thinline Precision
18 25%
Other (specify)
11 15%
Voters: 71.
Page 1 of 2
what bass would we want to add to the Vintage Modern or Classic Vibe series?

why? discuss.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Fender VI
I would buy a 6 string squire, just cus I don't have a 6 string bass, and it may be cool.
I just realised the stupidity in my earlier post. I'd go with the 6er, just so not to waste money on a 6 just to realise that 6ers aren't for me.
Sorry!

EDIT: I deleted my other post 'cause I just couldn't stand to look at it. Why do I always post before I think?
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Last edited by KKING911 at Jul 18, 2008,
gotta be the 6, who doesn't want a baritone eh!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It'd be a Deliriumbassist sig bass. It wouldn't even be a bass. It'd just be a giant tone knob to make up for all the other artist sigs that don't have one.

I knew I forgot one!

oh well.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by 6stringbasshred
A cheaper Urge bass would be good

almost put that in... but I thought it couldn't really be vintage or classic...

well, it is classic... but you know what I mean.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
almost put that in... but I thought it couldn't really be vintage or classic...

well, it is classic... but you know what I mean.

Thats true. They should have a cheaper model though. Maybe a fender model but like thats only around £500 as opposed to £1800!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It'd be a Deliriumbassist sig bass. It wouldn't even be a bass. It'd just be a giant tone knob to make up for all the other artist sigs that don't have one.

Indeed! Why have sig basses become synonymous with "No Tone Knob" to these people!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

LMAO!!

i would say a Jaguar Bass with matching headstock.
an upgraded vintage modified p bass, with a better bridge and other pups(duncan designed quarter pounder)
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by 6stringbasshred
A cheaper Urge bass would be good

I'd second that emotion.

And buy the Ben signature model soon afterwards. Does it come with Elite strings from the factory
Bass VI because I can't afford a real one

is it a guitar?
is it a bass?
nay, it is a BEAST!
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Wangcaster.

BASS EXTREME EDITION.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Definitely the Mustang. The Fenders are so cheap, the Squier would be super affordable. I've always wanted one to mess around with, but could never justify the $600 for one.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i said other
for me it would be one of them p-bass with a giant humbucker but a 5string version
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by TANKER69
i said other
for me it would be one of them p-bass with a giant humbucker but a 5string version
and a 3 band active?
Hmmm...If I was in charge of Squier(Fender)...

I would kill all production of all of the different types of basses(MIA, MIM) that they offer in the form of a P Bass or Jazz Bass(with the exception of signatures, every company needs endorsers and to show the appreciation for them, especially Geddy Lee)*.

I would start designing more innovative basses instead of running over the same designs over and over again with "new and improved electronics" that are actually just updates of the electronics that were in them a year ago.

I would develop more 5 and 6 string models.

For all of the basses that are expensive just for having the name brand on them, I would give them a reason to be expensive...maybe have them handmade by fine craftsmen that happen to live in huts in Nicaragua or Indonesia at the tender young age of 10 while my hand selected foremen keep them up to task through the method of bullwhip.(I don't know if the higher up Fender's are handcrafted or not)

Anyways, its time for some new looks from Fender, whole new concepts and ideas, they need to get the hell out of the 70s and start moving forward with their company.

So I guess I would be adding a lot to Squier and Fender if I was in charge.
Quote by mcrocks
I mean, some people still think that Rap is music, although that's been scientifically discredited.
nobody likes coronado... hmm...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Vintage Modern Mustang without the short-scale neck would be awesome.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Vintage Modern Mustang without the short-scale neck would be awesome.

so... a small body P-bass?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by death.prog
Hmmm...If I was in charge of Squier(Fender)...

I would kill all production of all of the different types of basses(MIA, MIM) that they offer in the form of a P Bass or Jazz Bass(with the exception of signatures, every company needs endorsers and to show the appreciation for them, especially Geddy Lee)*.

I would start designing more innovative basses instead of running over the same designs over and over again with "new and improved electronics" that are actually just updates of the electronics that were in them a year ago.

For all of the basses that are expensive just for having the name brand on them, I would give them a reason to be expensive...maybe have them handmade by fine craftsmen that happen to live in huts in Nicaragua or Indonesia at the tender young age of 10 while my hand selected foremen keep them up to task through the method of bullwhip.(I don't know if the higher up Fender's are handcrafted or not)

Anyways, its time for some new looks from Fender, whole new concepts and ideas, they need to get the hell out of the 70s and start moving forward with their company.

This isn't music we're talking about, this is an instrument. If it works, why mess with it?
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by death.prog
Hmmm...If I was in charge of Squier(Fender)....

i would sell my stock holdings
Quote by death.prog

whoa, we're out of business!

Quote by death.prog

... instead of running over the same designs over and over again with "new and improved electronics" that are actually just updates of the electronics that were in them a year ago.

the designs that have proven worthy of the test of time.

Quote by death.prog

and i might sell 15 or 20 a year.
Quote by death.prog

For all of the basses that are expensive just for having the name brand on them, I would give them a reason to be expensive.

this idea already exsists. it's called MIA, or Custom Shop. you get what you pay for!
Quote by death.prog

you say new looks? check this "new look"
http://www.fender.com/fba/
i say Fender knows exactly what they're doing. and i hope they keep it up!

Edit: sorry for the spam.
what about a Squire T-Bird, affinity series, of course.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by KKING911
This isn't music we're talking about, this is an instrument. If it works, why mess with it?

You have no idea how ignorant your statement is.

Moving forward and progressing ISN'T A STATEMENT that just applies to music, it applies to all things in life. NOW, back on subject.

Also, this is IF I WAS IN CHARGE of Fender, Squier. I can't stand to just do one thing for very long. I'm very impulsive, I'm very progressive, and if I had the resources, they would go to experimenting different things as far as guitar, bass, and amplification equipment go.

Legendary Basses, Legendary Guitars, So what? They all came from ideas and innovation, how much more could possibly hurt? You see what the ideas for the P and J basses did back in the 60s. Try it again in the new age. New technology, new styles, and more possibilities than ever compared to 40 years ago.
Quote by mcrocks
I mean, some people still think that Rap is music, although that's been scientifically discredited.
Quote by death.prog
You have no idea how ignorant your statement is.

Moving forward and progressing ISN'T A STATEMENT that just applies to music, it applies to all things in life. NOW, back on subject.

Also, this is IF I WAS IN CHARGE of Fender, Squier. I can't stand to just do one thing for very long. I'm very impulsive, I'm very progressive, and if I had the resources, they would go to experimenting different things as far as guitar, bass, and amplification equipment go.

Legendary Basses, Legendary Guitars, So what? They all came from ideas and innovation, how much more could possibly hurt? You see what the ideas for the P and J basses did back in the 60s. Try it again in the new age. New technology, new styles, and more possibilities than ever compared to 40 years ago.

let me clarify what i asked. if Squier decides they want UG to pick the next addition to VM or CV, what would you want it to be?

if this was what would you do if you owned Squier, it would be in the pit. that is not bass related enough to fit here.

and there also would not be a poll with nothing but instrument choices and other.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
let me clarify what i asked. if Squier decides they want UG to pick the next addition to VM or CV, what would you want it to be?

if this was what would you do if you owned Squier, it would be in the pit. that is not bass related enough to fit here.

and there also would not be a poll with nothing but instrument choices and other.

AND...guess what I picked on the poll. That's right! You guessed it! Other.

Meaning UG then, my argument would still stay the same. I would, as a UGer, rather see Squier by Fender put out something different than a P bass or J bass (and their other models that were out in the 70s that they keep rereleasing) and see what they can do with different ideas.

Happy? Good.
Quote by mcrocks
but how would something never seen before be vintage? or classic? I understand what you mean, but this is not supposed to be a "what do you hate about Fender?" thread. don't try to make it one.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

I still think a Squier version of the Fender VI would be a great idea.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
I would choose to shut down all the Squier production factories all over southeast Asia and China and burn them to the ground, because we make Squiers. That way there will be atleast one less guitar/bass line that makes absolute ****factories in the world.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
I would choose to shut down all the factories and burn them to the ground, because we make Squiers. That way there will be atleast one less guitar/bass line that makes absolute ****factories in the world.

don't you start. if you have no positive contributions, try this: shut up! it's not the pit.
see the guy who likes the idea of a Fender VI? he chose what he thought was the better choice. this isn't hard to do.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Honestly though if i were Squier i would have better qaulity control and do a 62 Jazz reissue with the metal bridge and pickup covers.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Honestly though if i were Squier i would have better qaulity control and do a 62 Jazz reissue with the metal bridge and pickup covers.

I'm happy now.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Pizza The Hut
I would choose to shut down all the Squier production factories all over southeast Asia and China and burn them to the ground, because we make Squiers. That way there will be atleast one less guitar/bass line that makes absolute ****factories in the world.

Like 95% of your posts are you raging...

Raging over the internet isn't cool.

Another suggestion would be a 60s J bass similar to Klaus Fluorides. You have to admit it's a mean looking bass.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by lordofthefood1