Would it be possible to mod a MIM Jazz so that theres an input jack for each pickup?
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
wow. that sounds like an awesome idea, i don't know if it's possible but i'd like to find out!
Of course it is. You'd need seperate volume and tones for each pup, though (if you WANT volume and tones, that is. If not, just wire the pups straight to individual jacks).
There are 2 vol knobs, for each pickup and a master tone knob. How would I go about re-doing the wiring so one of the vol knobs goes to an input jack that i would add?

If you haven't figured out already i know jack **** about this stuff lol.
Yeah, it's pretty obvious

Anyway, you'll need another tone pot.

I'll whip up a diagram for you. I've done so many that my MSPaint skills are UNMATCHED!

Anyway, I'll have one for you by sometime tomorrow. I gotta actually THINK about how it'll go...plus I'm a neatness nazi at MSPaint.
That's certainly an interesting idea.

May I ask why?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL

May I ask why?

Different tones for rhythm and lead?

Maybe distortion on the bridge pickup and a clean on the neck or something like that.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

so it's essentially 2 single coil basses in one.

this has the possibility of turning out EPIC. *subscribes to thread*
DIO FOREVER
Last edited by 60CycleHum at Jul 19, 2008,
Alright Invader Jim, if I need another tone pot, we could put that where the current input jack is. Then route the 2 new inputs on the side of the bass. Viola, looks good and seems kinda simple.

So what am I forgetting that makes this complicated?
Quote by forstringwonder
Alright Invader Jim, if I need another tone pot, we could put that where the current input jack is. Then route the 2 new inputs on the side of the bass. Viola, looks good and seems kinda simple.

So what am I forgetting that makes this complicated?
the fact that you'll have 2 cables going to your bass.
one is a big enough hassle. two is about 4 times as annoying.

solution:
stereo jack, stereo cable, splitter, two amps.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I think is pretty much what he is going to draw up for you. It is pretty simple. all pots are 250kb, and the green thing is a .05 cap. this is for the stereo wiring.

Little messy, but you get the point.

RTS is for ring, tip and sleeve.
If you could spell everything out for me that would be wonderful.

I'm quite wiring-illiterate
The big black things are pups, the thing with the T-R-S by it is a stereo jack (tip-ring-sleeve), the green things are the tone caps, and the other round things are 250k-ish pots for volume and tone.

This is why neatness is a priority in my drawings...
It is neatish. It was done quickly though. :P to make things easy though too you could always keep your wiring the way it is, and use a push/pull dpdt switch volume control, to send the entire signal to the stereo jack, and just switch back and forth between your out puts.

I rigged up a guitar with two out put jacks. Similair to what i described. except one jack gets full signal all the time, and a switch controlls weather or not the second out put gets any signal. This makes for some cool sounds if you say pull a clean/slightly dirty amp on one side, and rig it to the constant out, then put the second out put to an amp slightly louder and dirtier. your rhythem comes out on one side of the room, but when you solo, you blast from all over.
You could have to stacked knobs, & then use the old Tone knob hole for a 2nd input?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Last edited by ub3r_bassist666 at Jul 20, 2008,