The song is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZxR_ct8Wzo
Space Lion/Goodnight Julia by the Seatbelts

I've never heard anything like it and am trying to find stuff similar to it in style/genre/instrument
so far i've checked out stuff by thelonius monk (piano), Keith Jarret (piano), Funkedelic (guitar), Miles Davis (sax), david axelrod (experimental), sonny rollins (sax). if anyone knows any artists similar to the the Seatbelts, or what genre of jazz Space Lion fits into (bebop,big band, bossa nova, acid jazz., fusion....?) So far i've found some of the pink floyd sax works, they sound similar to this but i've found nothing else
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

haha NICE i have some stuff by him and pepper adams i also got some john abercrombie stuff any more recommendations but please more sax solos with more soul/feeling like space lion most of the stuff i found isnt as spacey...
try The Rippingtons maybe?

edit:
for saxophone my favourites are Sonny Rollins, Ben Webster, Wayne Shorter....
Last edited by seljer at Jul 18, 2008,
Shall I say I Cum Blood?

Anyway, in all seriousness I recommend the saxophonist Cannon Ball Addely, he was brilliant, not sure if it's what you need exactly, though.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at Jul 18, 2008,
lol i got cannonball adderly too ill check out the rippingtons god im thinking about just picking up a sax and start playing myself, how hard would that be i mean im also learning theory, guitar, drums, piano ...